Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    A compelling argument, but why is that system NOT used by the majority of the first world industrial countries of the world already ?

And that system will bankrupt a family for a lifetime.

The foremost complainers of social medicine use it. [[Congress, State Legislature).

Well,.. most other countries don't have the AMA [[which is essentially a protectionist union for doctors and the drug companies).

And,.. most all other countries don't have high fructose corn syrup subsidized by their corrupt government,. and most countries don't allow the dumping of poison into food [[like Aspartame), and most countries don't allow GMO foods. Also,. in nearly every other country,. cures for disease are legal. [[Which is why you see people with means like Gordie Howe and Jimmy Carter leaving the country when they're ill).

As a result,. people are generally a lot thinner and healthier. Visit France, China, etc,.. eat all day it seems,... and when you return home,.. you've lost 10 lbs.

Even still,.. health care costs in other countries are still high,.. It's just they they aren't an option like they used to be here,... as the costs are rolled into taxes.

Our Fed income tax rate for individuals making $75k a year is 15%. In France it's 30%. So that's an extra $11,250 in taxes, which cover's their "free" healthcare.

Most young males for instance don't need much of any healthcare. From the end of grade school until I was in my 40's,.. I never went to a doctor. Hadn't had a checkup in 30 years. I did have some catastrophic coverage in case of emergency,.. but I had a high deductible,.. and I didn't have per-natal coverage, or a prescription plan,.. so it was cheap,.. and that allowed me to get ahead of the curve financially,.. invest in a small rental property,. start a small business etc. That will be harder now, and people will be poorer.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-07-16 at 10:32 AM.

Most young males for instance don't need much of any healthcare. From the end of grade school until I was in my 40's,.. I never went to a doctor. Hadn't had a checkup in 30 years. I did have some catastrophic coverage in case of emergency,.. but I had a high deductible,.. and I didn't have per-natal coverage, or a prescription plan,.. so it was cheap,.. and that allowed me to get ahead of the curve financially,.. invest in a small rental property,. start a small business etc. That will be harder now, and people will be poorer.

I'm with you with the health care scam.- but the scam on the public is awful. Dwight D. Eisenhowers Great Granddaughter swears that her great grandfather met with Aliens in the the Whitehouse and that most poliiticians are now aliens in disguise. So their is a voice for everything.

It gives a new TaRump.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-08-16 at 11:10 PM.

It's 12:15 am and the Tigers game is on the radio. Can there be a more awful scenario ?

Obviously not a sports fan. Just talk radio.

Can I leave with this?

Attachment 31232

#brohat in your face
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-09-16 at 12:16 AM.

What was his motto? "First thug-life mayor"? [[Though Marion Barry probably thinks he has a claim to that title).

I remember when Kwamee would visit Washington D.C. He would visit strip clubs and the like. After the first of those visits, the S.S. announced that they would no longer offer protection to him and his "crew".

How embarrassing for Detroit.

Default Missing Something Here!

I'm completely missing something here, but that's nothing unusual when it comes to Detroit politics.

So, please answer or explain this:

Why would Barrack Obama issue a Presidential Pardon for a proven corrupt Mayor? Two failed and black politicians watching out for each other?

"Waiting Period" or not, I don't see how or why Barack would take the step of saving a disgraced former mayor who failed both politically and in his responsibilities.

The color of a person's skin does not worry me or affect my opinion of them - I just can't understand why Barack is consistently being seen as a part/player in this discussion.

Kwame could have really been something.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Why would Barrack Obama issue a Presidential Pardon for a proven corrupt Mayor? Two failed and black politicians watching out for each other?
    I don't see how Obama can be labeled as "failed"...

The only angle I can see is that perhaps Obama feels that Kilpatrick got a really tough sentence, you know, the kind that are often issues to black people.

However, I don't think Obama will do anything to help out Kilpatrick. I hope he continues to rot away for stealing from the people of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post

The only angle I can see is that perhaps Obama feels that Kilpatrick got a really tough sentence, you know, the kind that are often issues to black people.

However, I don't think Obama will do anything to help out Kilpatrick. I hope he continues to rot away for stealing from the people of Detroit.
    I agree there beyond a shared feeling of racial disadvantage and persecution, there aren't many angles.

But the obvious one is payback for votes. I don't recall if Kilpatrick worked hard to get Obama elected [[either time). Mostly because I tuned out KK years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I agree there beyond a shared feeling of racial disadvantage and persecution, there aren't many angles.

But the obvious one is payback for votes. I don't recall if Kilpatrick worked hard to get Obama elected [[either time). Mostly because I tuned out KK years ago.
    FWIW, Barack Obama asked Kirkpatrick NOT to show up @ his inauguration. I'm not sure if he's had a change of heart since then.

http://newsone.com/1012/featured-blo...black-america/

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post

If you can't see how the worse President we have ever had failed you must need binoculars.

Hah. Um, just perhaps a thread can be started on the virtues and short-comings of former president Obama.

But yeah he knew to put DISTANCE between himself and Kilpatrick, and ostensibly Detroit those early campaign days.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-20 at 07:10 AM.

Zacha,

This trip down memory lane was interesting. The attempted rips at President Obama were really interesting especially considering who made them.

Such foolishness.

In the rearview mirror Obama looks like a saint; especially when framed by the list of political pardons issued by Mr. Trump.

I wonder if any of the prognosticators will chime in and own up to their asshattery or will they choose to forget?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Zacha,

This trip down memory lane was interesting. The attempted rips at President Obama were really interesting especially considering who made them.
    Even funnier today considering Trump commuted the sentence of Rod Blagojevich. Which of course, those same posters had ZILCH to say about. They get more enraged over their fantasies of a black man pardoning a corrupt crook black man then they do about the reality of a white man pardoning a corrupt crook white man.
    Last edited by aj3647; July-16-20 at 10:27 AM.

Wait until Trump pardons the biggest criminal of them all---himself. It'll be the last corrupt act of the most corrupt motherfucker ever to pimp beans on the Resolute desk.

Hah. None of this corruption is making my day or my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Even funnier today considering Trump commuted the sentence of Rod Blagojevich. Which of course, those same posters had ZILCH to say about. They get more enraged over their fantasies of a black man pardoning a corrupt crook black man then they do about the reality of a white man pardoning a corrupt crook white man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    If you can't see how the worse President we have ever had failed you must need binoculars.
    Fast forward 4 years, this was a joke right? Nobody will ever be worse, than that imposter dickwad, we currently have residing in office....
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-17-20 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Fast forward 4 years, this was a joke right? Nobody will ever be worse, than that imposter dickwad, we currently have residing in office....
    A-fucking-men!

I can’t wait to watch all the meltdowns...again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3