Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Livonia Area Hospital with Water Fountain? [[1970s)

In May 1979 my father was hospitalized following a motorcycle accident. I was just a child when I visited him in the hospital, but I distinctly recall falling into an outdoor water fountain near the main entrance, after which the medical staff allowed my Grandparents to put my clothes in a dryer. I'm fairly certain the location was St. Mary Mercy Hospital at 36475 Five Mile Road, but it may have been Botsford General Hospital at 28050 Grand River in Farmington Hills. I live out of state now, but when I returned there in 2012 SMM hospital was significantly renovated and no outdoor water fountain seemed to exist at either. Does anyone on this forum have any recollection of a Livonia area hospital with a water fountain [[or wading pool) near the main entrance? This has been a mystery for me for several decades now.
    Last edited by Midnight Rambler; June-27-16 at 08:01 AM.