Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Coleman A. Young Municipal Center in Detroit evacuated over security breach

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/c...roit-evacuated

WDET 760 AM reporting someone with a gun got through security

I walked by there at 2:30 and Woodward is still closed, WB Jefferson, as well as some other streets. The situation still seems to be rather active.

The police wrapped it up between 3 and 3:30. By 3:30 the roads were opened back up. My building went to badge-access only as soon as they announced the evacuation and they lifted that when the roads opened back up.

It could have been someone with a legit CCW permit that forgot to take it out of their briefcase. Then with all the commotion slipped out one of the side doors. Too bad the whole thing was rather 'cart' well before the horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It could have been someone with a legit CCW permit that forgot to take it out of their briefcase. Then with all the commotion slipped out one of the side doors.
    This was pretty much my opinion from the beginning. He forgot it was in there, evacuated with everyone and was probably sitting at home and saw himself on the news. I know I forget to take things out of my purse all the time. Just today I was trying to figure out why it was so heavy- I had two juice boxes and in there from an outing with my nieces over the weekend. So easy to forget.

One of my coworkers was running around telling everyone there was a gunman in the building. I had to keep correcting him, that it was a man with a gun. Totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It could have been someone with a legit CCW permit that forgot to take it out of their briefcase. Then with all the commotion slipped out one of the side doors. Too bad the whole thing was rather 'cart' well before the horses!
    Given what happened recently in Orlando, I'll take the overreaction any day over the alternative as you never can be too sure.