Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mildred Gaddis - Reggie Davis - !

Mildred Gaddis and her vicious mouth has yet tried to destroy another popular Detroiter, DJ, Reggie Reg Davis! This woman should be off the air, she was finally brought to light by Steve Wilson from WZYZ as a pay-for-play person that charged $1,000.00 to appear on her WHDL TV show, while all along she played the part of the honest sister. What hog wash! She does not even live in the city and yet these groupies continue to follow what ever she says as Gospal!
    This is from today's Det News:
    “Reggie Reg Davis, afternoon drive host on Hot 102.7 [[WHTD-FM), says he's leaving his job on the popular station today so he's free to run for the city's charter commission.
    Davis charges that a long-running feud with a Radio One colleague, WCHB-AM [[1200) morning show host Mildred Gaddis, is the main reason he's walking away from his high-profile job. "I'm leaving because of Mildred Gaddis," Davis said. "It was all Mildred's doing from the get-go," he claims, of his bosses "reneging" on the initial agreement to let him stay on the air while running for the position. "Mildred sicced the dogs on me."

She did the same thing to Councilman Cockrel, who was a fine man and father, a Detroiter and she drove he and is wife into the ground. Cockrel is a Detroiter, living in Detroit, raises his family here and yet she said awful "personal" things about him and his wife and the suckers believed her. She lives in the burbs and yet she going to tell Detroiter's who to vote for and how to live! By the way, someone should find out what Seldom Blues is paying this woman? All I can say is GO Reggie Reg Davis, you're okay!
    Last edited by usa1; August-14-09 at 08:20 PM.

MIRepublic Guest

What a f%cking drama queen, she is. For whatever her talents, she's got an absolutely horrible personality. Apparently, she called the cops on Davis as he was coming back to the building to clear out his stuff, as if he was coming back to hurt her or something. Pitiful.

lilpup Guest

Either that or she has a definite political agenda she's working.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Either that or she has a definite political agenda she's working.
    That seems less plausible the more antics we see from her. This seems to have more to do with her ugly, vindictive personality than some ideological bent.

Mildred is probably getting paid by someone to be an attack dog. She is very selective on what topics to discuss on her show. She never discusses the transit situation in the city. She tries to manipulate residence to do jobs that their' taxes pay the city to do. Cutting the grass at Denby high school should be done by the school system. It is not her job to manipulated her listeners to go up there to cut the grass themselves while she go down to the school center building telling them that she found some suckers to do the job for free so pay her.

diver1369 Guest

I don't know anything about Reggie Reg and his radio show. He is supposed to resign his DJ gig so he can run for elective office as a city commission member. I don't understand how Mildred Gaddis is to blame for his resignation or why he is accusing her. Reggie Reg knew what the rules are going in to this election and that he would have to resign if he wanted to continue on to the November election.

Mildred Gaddis is an instigator and a manipulator. It is true that Reggie Reg should had stepped down from being a DJ. Mildred, with the power of the mic, could ruin a person's reputation regardless. She could make a big deal about a matter such as Reggie Reg coming to send in his letter of resignation. She could make him look like the villan like she had done others in the past. Radio One need balance in detroit. Cathy Hughes is being cheap or doesn't care for the listening audience in detroit not giving us another opinion on the air besides Mildred's. Angelo is good but he is not serious enough. Too much tongue and cheek with him. Greg Bowens was the real deal.

Reggie was ok as far as I remember when I worked with him at WGPR. He replaced me on afternoon drive [[I went back to overnights) and I had no problem with him. I hope he gets onto the commission and does something positive for the city. As for Gaddis... never met the woman.

Ravine Guest

They are both Nobodys, to me, but they also both seem like no-account bullshitters.
    Seeing him [[I refuse to use his childish moniker,) in front of the TV news cameras, today, announcing that "picking a fight with him is picking a fight with God," or some such horseshit, was more than enough for me.
    I followed his two-bit reasoning, as he sees himself as The Big God Person, and all, but anyone who can use his mouth to announce that conclusory statement is an asshole.

Default Reggie Reg - EXPOSED

What a dummy. He did his self no favor by ranting and raving like a madman on the news. Instead of taking advantage of the situation, this dummy used his time on the news siccing God on Gaddis. WTF? We do not need this kind of drama on the charter commision.

If he can't understand the rules regarding his running for office, "It's an FCC regulation that if someone running for elective office is on the air, everybody running against that person is eligible for equal time," Kernen said. "Radio One would have had to let everyone running against [[Davis) have equal airtime." then how the hell can we expect him to help rewrite to city charter.
    He has been exposed as highly unqualified to hold the position of charter commisioner.

Advice: Reggie Reg, don't quit your day job. OOOPS, you already did. DAMN
    Last edited by Jmil; August-15-09 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Mildred Gaddis is an instigator and a manipulator. It is true that Reggie Reg should had stepped down from being a DJ. Mildred, with the power of the mic, could ruin a person's reputation regardless. She could make a big deal about a matter such as Reggie Reg coming to send in his letter of resignation. She could make him look like the villan like she had done others in the past. Radio One need balance in detroit. Cathy Hughes is being cheap or doesn't care for the listening audience in detroit not giving us another opinion on the air besides Mildred's. Angelo is good but he is not serious enough. Too much tongue and cheek with him. Greg Bowens was the real deal.
    Agreed, yes he should have stepped down. However, Milddred calling the cops is just stupid. Did she actually believe that a well known DJ would pull something on a well known talk host on the air? She's trying to make herself the story. Reggie was getting his stuff and dropping of a letter he left right after.

It's not Mildred's fault that he lost his radio job. He either doesn't know the rules or thinks they don't apply to him.

I don't blame her for calling the cops or feeling threatened. The interview he did with Al Allen sounded like a threat to me.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...or_Help_On_Air

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    It's not Mildred's fault that he lost his radio job. He either doesn't know the rules or thinks they don't apply to him.

I don't blame her for calling the cops or feeling threatened. The interview he did with Al Allen sounded like a threat to me.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...or_Help_On_Air
    He didn't threaten her with physical violence in the interview.

I don't get why Reggie is so upset with Mildred. Him staying on the air is a clear violation of FCC rules. He and the radio station should have known that. How is she to blame? Reg seemed to be a good DJ and concerned about things in the city. But, based on his actions I'm not sure he should be holding elective office at this time. Fighting with him is fighting with God? That is a pretty bold statement. Only in Detroit!

Yeah, I always liked Reggie, but that statement aligning himself with God was a little too reminiscent of previous big ego losers who thought they were above everyone and had that Me=God complex. People like that are never wrong, and everyone else who is not on their side is the enemy.

Gaddis had a guilty conscious! She must have know just what she said or she wouldn't have called the cops. I think her head is getting too big for her hat!

If the charter commission position is an unpaid role - can someone tell me why anyone would want it? I mean, its full time, isn't it? And why would anyone quit a paying job to do that one? Unless I read wrong about it being volunteer, or unless you're in a position where you can afford to work for free and don't need money.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    If the charter commission position is an unpaid role - can someone tell me why anyone would want it? I mean, its full time, isn't it? And why would anyone quit a paying job to do that one? Unless I read wrong about it being volunteer, or unless you're in a position where you can afford to work for free and don't need money.
    It's not really "full time" and they do get a stipend per meeting. You wouldn't need to quit a paying job to do this unless it conflicts with your running for office, as certain media jobs would. It can be a good stepping stone, like school board, for people interested in starting a political career. Charter Commission today, Legislature tomorrow

From what I heard Radio One messed up and told Reggie Reg he could maintain his job as a DJ while he pursued office and it was Gaddis who pointed out that he couldn't unless his opponents got equal air time, though it wasn't a given that he was going to use his job to campaign. So in a way by meddling she cost him his job so I can understand him being a little bit angry especially after her being all dramatic and calling the cops on him when he is just cleaning out his stuff. As for the TV interview that didn't help him much but that happens when you are pissed and someone shoves a camera in your face.

Right, like if Gaddis hadn't, nobody else, the other 17 candidates wouldn't have brought up the fact that Reggie had an unfair advantage in the race by having a radio show?

Mildred is being a hyprocrite when she recieved money from candidates to campain on her tv show with making a disclaimer.

Mildred was wrong, so everybody else is allowed to be...?

How far back does their feud go?

Mildred Gaddis is close friends and a strong supporter of Freeman Hendrix. She obviously is trying to knock Reggie Reg to ensure Freemans spot on the commission.

Gaddis does not do anything that isn't politically motivated. She is a manipulator and does not have the best intentions of the city at heart, rather her own and her circle.

She aligned herself with MC so fast, it made everybodies head spin. Denouncing her one minute and the next denouncing anyone that had anything critical to say about her.

She had a large listening audience that isn't there anymore. I know she doesn't care, but I can tell you the numbers are down in the group that I know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast