Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default why NOT building the wall IS RACIST

You should read this article in it's entirety or not at all. Links for references support my opinion.

I feel that having open borders between the USA and Mexico are in fact racist, and oppressive to the Mexican people. Americans who think open borders are "what we are" are misinformed and under-informed, and following political talking points without being aware of the facts and experiences of people going through the process. Some people going through the process are so confused by it that they themselves are not aware of the exploitation they are experiencing.

I will make points one at a time.

1.) By having insecure borders, the US has left a power vacuum. This vacuum has been filled by 1) The Mexican Drug Cartels, 2) Human Traffickers and 3) Corrupt Mexican Government/Police/Military.
    Due to the neglect of the US borders by our Government, Mexican people with both good and bad intentions are "baited" to cross our borders, many looking for a "better life". They circumvent the immigration system due to easy access to our country, and in doing so, they pass through territories controlled by the Mexican drug cartels and Human Traffickers.
    Human Traffickers are often paid for their services to get people across the borders. These people are often very brutal, and are known for victimizing women and young girls. The "Rape Trees" https://youtu.be/diYfKzuT5HQ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_tree
    are trees or bushes that mark where sexual assaults have occurred by arranging the victim's undergarments on or around the trees branches or on the ground.
    The vast majority of foreign victims in forced labor and sexual servitude in Mexico are from Central America, particularly Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador; many transit Mexico en route to the United States and, to a lesser extent, Canada and Western Europe. However, trafficking victims from South America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa are also found in Mexico, and some transit the country en route to the United States. Unaccompanied Central American minors, traveling through Mexico to meet family members in the United States, fall victim to human traffickers, particularly near the Guatemalan border. Mexican men and boys from Southern Mexico are found in conditions of forced labor in Northern Mexico, and Central Americans, especially Guatemalans, are subjected to forced labor in southern Mexico, particularly in agriculture. Child sex tourism continues to grow in Mexico, especially in tourist areas such as Acapulco and Cancun, and northern border cities like Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. Most child sex tourists are from the United States, Canada, and Western Europe, although some are Mexican citizens. In addition to Mexican drug cartels, organized crime networks from around the world are reportedly involved in human trafficking in Mexico.
    ... The Government of Mexico does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...king_in_Mexico
    The Mexican Cartels are horrible. Families and men looking for a "better life" or work in the US, traveling through Cartel run territory, are lucky if they make it through. If people caught by the Cartel do not act as drug mules or submit to whatever the Cartel demands, they can be brutally tortured or killed.
    As the flood of illegal immigrants continues across the nation's southwestern border, federal agents charged with securing our boundary with Mexico have become increasingly inundated, and some have begun to warn that the situation is becoming dire for a number of reasons.

Border Patrol agent and Laredo [[Texas) Border Patrol Union spokesman Hector Garza told Breitbart News Sunday that the current chaos along the border is more than a burgeoning humanitarian crisis; it is a "big time border security crisis."

"Right now, we have a lot of drugs and criminals coming across the border undetected," Garza said. Further, he asserted that those criminals are going to start showing up soon in cities across the nation.

http://www.naturalnews.com/045822_il...smuggling.html

2.) The US legal system is run by the dollar, not justice.
    Immigrants on VISA seeking nationalization, illegals seeking to come legally, or even Mexican nationals who want to go through the process legally are often confused by complicated and confusing US Immigration Law. They are often pressured into requiring legal representation, and US attorneys exploit and take advantage of these people.
    In my personal experience, I can tell you that my Mexican born x-wife's parents and her sister paid between them over $20,000 in Immigration fees and legal fees over the course of over 2 years to finally get their green cards.
    The system is a money maker as it stands for the legal system. It is big business. Immigration Law reform is strongly opposed, because as it stands, it is enforced [[or not enforced) as the standing US executive and judicial departments see fit.
    Good people seeking a "better life" are being taken advantage of right here at home, for trying to participate LEGALLY in our disastrous immigration system.
    I have retained an attorney back in January to help get me a Green Card through my work. Later I found out that I was not eligible for a Green Card, even though he told me I was. After I have paid him $6,000 I was arrested by the Border Patrol and stayed in detention for a month. During that period I lost my job, they were the ones sponsoring me. When I got out on a $4,000 bound after explaining to the Judge how I was mislead by my attorney, I came back to New York City and obviously tried to negociate to get my money back from the attorney. Before meeting him I did some research with other immigration attorneys and all of them told me the same thing: he could not have accepted my money knowing that I had no way of getting the Green Card. And worse, I also found out that everyone of his clients are in the same situation as me.

http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/68504/335692.aspx

Targeting immigrants for scam is commonplace:
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/feature/immigration-services-fraud

Well, that's my first 2 points. I'm just getting warmed up. But if you decide just to study these 2 points, maybe you might be starting to open your eyes. More to come if I get time and can articulate my thoughts and points.

Or you can just make knee jerk comments, not do your own research, and just parrot what your favorite politicians or news anchors say. It's completely up to you as to how informed you choose to be on the issue.
    Last edited by Papasito; June-08-16 at 04:03 PM.

3.) Exploitation of Illegal Immigrant Workers
    In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012. Among the states, Nevada [[10%), California [[9%), Texas [[9%) and New Jersey [[8%) had the highest shares of unauthorized immigrants in their labor forces.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...on-in-the-u-s/
    The very people who want open borders and people to come and go unchecked are the very same people who say they want to stand up to "Wall Street".

But yet the continue want to supply "Wall Street" with cheap, exploitable labor. Why is this?
    There are many instances where Illegal or "Undocumented" Immigrants are denied overtime pay, abused, mistreated and not given basic human rights.
    Experts point out that some employers are all too eager to take on undocumented workers and exploit them for their willingness to work long hours for low pay. If no one complains, questions about immigration papers are rarely asked. But if problems do arise – such as being injured on the job or workers demanding better pay or access to a union – a swift phone call to the police or ICE will result in the difficult employees being deported.
    "Employers use this as a huge club against workers who stand up for themselves," said Rebecca Smith, an expert at the National Employment Law Project, which campaigns on various worker abuse issues in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...se-deportation
    In Houston, 120 victims were rescued from a sex trafficking ring. Victims were approached in Central America and promised waitressing jobs in the U.S. After being smuggled in, the women were forced to work as bargirls 6 and 7 nights a week. De Walter Corea was convicted for his role in the scheme and sentenced to 180 months in prison and, jointly with his co-defendants, required to pay $1,715,588 in restitution to the victims. [[Houston Chronicle, June 29, 2008).
    http://www.fairus.org/issue/human-tr...illegal-aliens
    So where is this "better life" exactly?
    Why are we baiting these people across our borders, then exploiting them?
    How is that "Compassion"?
    Last edited by Papasito; June-14-16 at 01:18 PM.

IMO We don't need a wall. The true problem [[And solution) lies in your second post. Those employing [[And often exploiting) these illegal workers are the root cause of most illegal immigration. Threaten to fill the detention centers not with illegal immigrants, but with those willing to hire them and illegal immigration would hardly be an issue.

Individuals over-staying their visas will not be addressed by solely building a wall.