Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: More Parducci

Default More Parducci

I knew that I had not been here in a while when I found a message over 5 years old waiting for me. I am working on a book that is no longer a book but a website called "Shadowing Parducci" that will be an attempt to put out what I know and am still learning about the life and work of Corrado Parducci. Right now I am looking for a picture of the Detroit Collage of Law, 1936, designed by Detroit's great George D. Mason. Anyone know of any?

Quote Originally Posted by carptrash View Post
    I knew that I had not been here in a while when I found a message over 5 years old waiting for me. I am working on a book that is no longer a book but a website called "Shadowing Parducci" that will be an attempt to put out what I know and am still learning about the life and work of Corrado Parducci. Right now I am looking for a picture of the Detroit Collage of Law, 1936, designed by Detroit's great George D. Mason. Anyone know of any?
    Would that be a collection of pictures of courts, lawyers, police, etc?

Warm welcome back to our long AWOL resident Parducci authority Carptrash!

I note the "Shadowing Parducci" of which he mentions is located here: http://archsculpt.blogspot.com/2008/...ts-master.html

Is there another?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Would that be a collection of pictures of courts, lawyers, police, etc?
    Nice......

OMG. OK, so the OP asked for a picture of the Detroit College of Law 1936 and you post a link to a picture with a 1976 Lincoln Continental in front of it. You're only 40+ years late. Real smart.

BTW - just typing it in google I found one from 1941 on the first page: https://www.jankaulins.com/detroitcollegelaw.htm A lot closer to the date, but he's asking for a 1936 picture. A lot of things can change to and around a building in 40+ years like the elaborate limestone entrance designed by Corrado Parducci that you see in the 1941 picture, but looks like it was completely removed in your much later link of the building with the Continental out front.
    Last edited by davewindsor; June-08-16 at 02:13 PM.

thanks for the link, Lowell.
    I am exploring how to set up my Shadowing Parducci web site even as we speak, so to speak, and shall be in the first four people to hear about it when it is realized.

I found this picture too, however it seemed to me that this was not going to be one I could use. I don't really care when the picture is taken. When I last went to photograph the building I found a hole in the ground. I seem to remember shooting the hole, but that won't help my project much.

I found this one too, but it is not very helpful.

Courts, lawyers and judges would be fine as long as they are standing in front of the building. I do believe that the sculptures still exist, they are now in East Lansing and I am chatting with folks there about what they have and what it could mean to me. And you if you are interested.

The cornerstone the Detroit College of Law was placed in 1936 and the building was finished in 1937.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

A rendering of the Detroit College of Law circa 1931.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow. These are the pictures I needed. Thanks. You can see the difference between the building as designed [[see drawing in another posting) that includes a ten [[carp math) story YMCA section on top. Thanks a lot and I'll need to get to Wayne State about using these images.

a brief follow up, the reliefs have been discovered in, of all places, East Lansing.