Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Vernors with a week of events, June 5-11

I'd like a Vernor's flavored slushie.

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I was offered a Vernors in 1993 on a Horison [[Alaska) Airlines flight between Seattle and Wenatchee WA. A few years later, when working in a Central Washington C-Store where we carried the product, I would ask purchasers where in Michigan were they from. Purplexed looks until they realised their beverage gave them away.

Bumping for tomorrow.

Vernors 150th Anniversary Party
    Saturday, June 11
    Join us for the main event: the Vernors 150th Anniversary Party at the Detroit Historical Museum!
    Activities will include:
    A Vernors-themed poker run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
    • A screening of Detroit Remember When: Made in the Motor City at 11 a.m. A chat with filmmaker Bill Kubota will follow the film. [[Please note time change!)
    • The Vernors Gnome live and in-person, signing autographs from noon to 5 p.m.
    • A Vernors history presentation from 1 to 2 p.m.
    • A book signing for Vernor’s Ginger Ale by author Keith Wunderlich at 2 p.m.
    • A presentation on James Vernor in MOLLUS [[Civil War Legion) from 2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
    • A toast by James Vernor V and James Vernor VI, great-great-grandson andgreat-great-great grandson of James Vernor at 4 p.m.
    • A world record attempt for the most Vernors drinkers at 4:30 p.m.
    Vernors floats, cream ales and Boston Coolers will be for sale at the museum from noon to 4 p.m. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of a historic marker to commemorate the oldest soda pop in America: Vernors!