Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Patterson Terrace in Brush Park

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I came across this facebook link from HistoricDetroit.org regarding the rehab of this building at Erskine and John R. As one commenter pointed out, the rendering attached to the window looks like the developer will demo the majority of John R facing side. Happy for a rehab, but very sad to see so much of it go. Does anyone have more info?

Great news, and we'll have to see just how authoritative the rendering is. I can live with a partial reconstruction seeing as to how this this has been a blight monster for at least 15 years. This would be quite a comeback.

If part of it has to be removed, I hope an interesting add-on or outdoor space will be designed with the new development.

I wonder, given the buildings condition, how many original interior details will be salvageable.

I wonder if the John R part was added on later than 1903? I want to believe that the top photo is a historic photograph from when it was built. That would follow along with the date 1903 being directly under the photo, and the 2017 date above the current photo.

However, I found this article in Crain's from last October. According to the article, the developer plans to turn three townhouses with Erskine addresses and only one townhouse with a John R address into 9 apartment units.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ack-on-the-map

If you go to http://www.pattersonterrace.com/ you can download and view the plans for the building. It looks like they'll be replacing most of what is existing to restore it.

According to the site plan the three townhomes on John R are privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    According to the site plan the three townhomes on John R are privately owned.
    Interesting. According to the makeloveland.com site, each townhouse is a separate parcel. The three parcels on John R in question are owned by Elena D. McKinney. Again, according to loveland, the new developers [[Almass Downtown Real Estate LLC) purchased the 3 units on Erskine in 2012, and the unit on John R in 2013. Elena McKinney appears to have had her units since 1975.

This raises so many questions. Did McKinney once own all the units? Are there some structural issues with the 3 John units that Almass passed on buying those? Or, was beyond their financial capability? Why did they purchase the John R unit a year later than the Erskine units?