Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Whatever happened to . . .

I know I'm probably wrong for this thread [[don't know how, but it's the internet - everything is offensive to someone), but whatever happened to these posters?

Oakmangirl
    jjaba [[from the Westside) *throws up the 'W'*
    Rel
    Divaesque
    Detroitrise [[did he change his name for the new board?)

Add to the list. . .

jjaba brings to mind Rock too!

Does no one care about those quality posters I mentioned?

Apparently, nobody knows what happened to them. I don't know if that denotes that they don't care.

I think Jjaba is off on some helping people thing in the Middle East, right?

I keep wondering where that guy is who said he was addicted to something and I was going into rehab. Does anyone remember him?

Beavis 321? Yeah I wonder about how he made out as well.

I think he came back after rehab/prison or whatever it was, but then he got banned.

Default Jjaba

I have Jjaba's email address but I wouldn't want to bother him unless it were in his best interest.

If Jjaba reads this but can't post to the forum, please Jjaba, send me an email and I'll try to bridge the gap. Otherwise, I'll email you a tentative page later.

If Jjaba reads this but can't post to the forum, please Jjaba, send me an email and I'll try to bridge the gap. Otherwise, I'll email you a tentative page later.
    He kinda dropped off the board, after doing a victory dance over having 7500 posts. Maybe some of these posters found a better forum ?

I doubt it.

Where's Detroitnerd? I found him tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Where's Detroitnerd? I found him tolerable.
    I just now read a post by Detroitnerd on, I think, the MCS thread.

Ah yes, I see it. A spot-on post, too.

Being a dedicated genealogy hobbiest, my wife claims I collect dead people.

She's right, I guess.

Haikoont Guest

I miss Yooper.

Bulletmagnet seems to have fallen off the planet. He wasn't around much on the old site and I haven't seen him yet on this one.

Someone named "Bullet" has started posting. I think it is the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyrocker View Post
    since my orginal post was censored, i'll say "the other detroit forum".
    Curious as to why we're censoring...

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Curious as to why we're censoring...
    Aren't we all...

Censored
    Too many feuds.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Too many feuds.
    Too much paternalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Being a dedicated genealogy hobbiest, my wife claims I collect dead people.

She's right, I guess.
    Ray - i`m new to the post - looking for information on Charles H Slauson -president of Briggs corp&Briggs investment corp. 1920`s&1930`s -working for Walter Brigg . had res in detroit or suberb -jackson ,mi& west palm,florida.
    anything you find would be apreciated.
    Thank You Claude
    I hope ive posted this in an apropriate thread

Boy, sorry to say I struck out with all my searching on Charles H. Slauson. I presume that is the correct spelling of the surname. Anyway, he doesn't show up on the 1920, 1910, or 1900 U.S. Census reports. There are no articles about him in any of the documents held by PERSI, and he's not in the Find-a-grave web. Google also comes up empty.

Any other clues?

was looking for any articles relating to auto history -and such. i actually have quite a bit of personal info on him,
    he had 5 children 2 boys 3 girls - one of the girls was my grandmother.
    HA! -not really sure if i`m on an eago trip or looking for more family history -ha!ha! - seriously -i`m looking for family history - he as the head of briggs investment corp.had the first soundproof [[for-the-day ) appartments built - that was in Palmer park area. also guided Briggs in building refrigerators - [[all modren conveniances for the time)
    just didn`t think i would get much but a horse laugh if i put it out front that he was my great grandfather.
    Last edited by OLDDOG; April-15-09 at 10:35 PM.

Don't know if this helps you Olddog, but the first apartments built in Palmer Park by Briggs were the Walbri Apartments located at 1001 Covington. About 5 years back they began rehabbing the old Walbri and renamed it 1001 Covington. You can find info about the condo project on the web.

I was thinking about buying and took a tour of the building and was told it was built as a sound -and- fireproof building. Quite a place.

The developer has original records to the property, I think his name was Brode. Austin Black was the realtor.

Nice to know their still worth rehabing - so many things from that period already gone - thanks.
    Briggs did a lot of low volume bodys - some one would have a new design and want to test the market and they would make from 12 to 20 of those veicle bodies-
    this would have been one of my great grandfather`s last projects.1939 chrysler imperial -pickup
    Attachment 640
    claude

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast