Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Thougts for older forumers 2016.

I guess I had to start a new thread. Could not find Thougts at large.

We are older now, and how do they treat us? Crunchy ice cream, jaw breaker foods. Smaller print in magazines, [[c'mon, light pink on white !!!!) in small print.?

What are these twenty somthings doing to us .? [[Other than make us buy magnifiying glasses)

Oh, I guess I can do the Readers Digest big print, but Time, Pop Mech, Pop Sci, Esqiure ?

They lost the're core demigrapics .

Sorry, I had to vent.

61 + been there done that.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-16-16 at 07:09 AM.

We are being prepped for entry into the nursing home..

Several years older than you, I was recently told that I need cataract surgery. Still have little problem with newspaper [[still read the Sunday papers) or magazines. Reading more on the cell phone now. Driving at night is getting fuzzy, though. Just looked at the bathroom mirror this morning and saw dad! Seriously, maybe you just need an Opthamologist appointment and new glasses.

Seriously, maybe you just need an Opthamologist appointment and new glasses.

Believe me, If I'm blind to this forum. than I'm blind to every else.

We were always taught in grade school that one target the Nazis had it in for as they saw as some impediment to their own "New World Order" were the elderly [[maybe this was brought up in the "Hiding Place").

Older elements are being discriminated upon. Big box stores with tall shelves, smaller print [[everything now is a squint-a-thon. I don't peer at tiny gizmos-eventually, I actually develop a cross-eyed condition from them. I do wish that one of the stronger provisions that would've been made in favor of consumers out there during Obama's time in office was to set regulations upon companies that they cannot print any rules, warranties, side effects and studies on drugs, stipulations, contracts, etc. smaller in type past a certain limit. The devil truly is in the details, and it is also true that "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away."), crosswalks with shorter times to cross [[Michigan is the worst I've seen in my travels. The clock on the crosswalk counts down at 12 or 15 when in Cambridge or Madison it is more like 30 or even 36), and really short-attention-span TV blurbs.

I'm not too happy by much of it.

We can only hope that any "old folk's homes" we are being prepped for are not privatized facilities [[again, think more of the old folks being exploited in the movie Chinatown) that have pharmaceutical programs from dubious unregulated non-commercial sources, have fear-mongering FoxNews stations fixed and blaring on the big screens of the common rooms [[with regular sanctioned visits by local conservative-boosting candidates and representatives of such candidates handing out shiny dimes and promising to protect them from the fears they've been fed in their oddly medicated and suggestive state), and a very healthy [[and coerced) absentee ballot voting program there. Great way to exploit votes out of those who vote in record numbers.
    Though there are many other things such facilities can exploit, as well, from them.
    Last edited by G-DDT; May-16-16 at 03:21 PM.

The "Thoughts at large" thread is still there.

I used to be so nearsighted that, without glasses, I could read the microprint on currency. With age, they say my eyes have mysteriously improved. So now I can't read microprint! Arggh!

There are some wonderful benefits from cataract surgery. One unexpected benefit is that the sky appears a much deeper blue.

Rare breed of farsighted, myself...though it doesn't help me develop a reassuring and warm kind of body language with folks, as I have a tendency to back away to see them better [[otherwise they blur up and I get peeved).

Also, I was born with a lazy eye, so anything involving 3-D, "Magic Eye", stereo-viewing [[like those view-finders from the sixties and seventies-"This is some mess Scooby and the gang have gotten into, now!") don't work on me-even HD looks like blurred superimposed nonsense to me that I can do without. I wonder if the same applies to certain forms of paka paka anime or the segue flashing that started happening on television around 1997?

Can't wait for my cataracts to be "ready", I am so sick of them. My favorite keys for reading on the 'net are Control Shift + + +.

And why are appliances and gadgets all black with low contrast alphanumerics? Can't see them at all.