Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 2016 Indian Village Home and Garden Tour- June 11 & 12

Some nice houses there. I spot one on my old block.

Designed by Louis J. Carrier for Ellsworth J. Burdick. 2445 Seminole built 1916-1917 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Designed and built by Harlow Davock for Harry F. Hopper. 2135 Burns built in 1916 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Designed and built by Harlow N. Davock for Frederick W. Andrews. 2480 Iroquois built in 1915 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Designed by Chittenden & Kotting for Henry Haigh. 762 Seminole built 1909-1910 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Designed by Leon Couquard for Adolph N. Marion. 1023 Iroquois built 1899-1900 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Built by the William Starr's Company. 2207 Seminole built in 1917 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Garden Only!
    Designed and built by Harlow N. Davock Charles F. Hibbard Jr. 2416 Seminole built in 1915 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

Saturday Only!
    Designed by C. Howard Crane for Ralph Phelps. 1731 Seminole built in 1914 Indian Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

I do not have any information on the restoration house, 2514 Seminole.

Funny how it's a "home and garden" tour and yet none of the houses pictured have anything worth celebrating in terms of landscaping. Most are rather dreary looking. Hopefully the backyards make up for the frontal eyesores. I'll try and check it out Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Funny how it's a "home and garden" tour and yet none of the houses pictured have anything worth celebrating in terms of landscaping. Most are rather dreary looking. Hopefully the backyards make up for the frontal eyesores. I'll try and check it out Sunday.
    1453 Iroquois is on the tour and is also for sale. From one of the pics on the real estate ad, I can see that the layout of the backyard positively screams for formal gardens.

Name:  1453_Iroquois_Ave-065WEB.0.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  155.3 KB

I was wrong above, there are 3 on the tour on my old block, counting the renovation house. Nice to see the northern Village get some love.

Nice to see 2207 Seminole on the tour too. Maybe it will help spur some more progress on the house next door, which is one of the more distressed properties in IV.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; June-09-16 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    1453 Iroquois is on the tour and is also for sale. From one of the pics on the real estate ad, I can see that the layout of the backyard positively screams for formal gardens.

Name:  1453_Iroquois_Ave-065WEB.0.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  155.3 KB
    This is the list of houses on the tour this year from the Home & Garden Tour Committee. While 1453 is for sale it is not on the tour this year.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    This is the list of houses on the tour this year from the Home & Garden Tour Committee. While 1453 is for sale it is not on the tour this year.
    I guess I got confused because it was on the tour's FB page. I see its there, but not listed as included.

Most of the images were intentionally taken between late fall and early spring to show the house not the foliage that covers them in the summer.

2207 Seminole had a nice garden front and back.