Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Taqos and Tequila

I noticed this restaurant closed in Grand Circus Park a few weeks ago. I did not see anything in the news from the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I noticed this restaurant closed in Grand Circus Park a few weeks ago. I did not see anything in the news from the restaurant.
    Good. that place was terrible. no love. just profit motive. and stupid name.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Good. that place was terrible. no love. just profit motive. and stupid name.
    My experience with Taqo was different. Dined there 3-4 times and each time tacos were excellent with some unique and creative variations on what you can get in SW Detroit. Prices were reasonable too. Lots of choices of beer and cocktails. The space was pleasant too. It wasn't one of those places where the operator throws some paint on the walls and gets some former coney island furniture from the used restaurant equipment store. Restaurant competition downtown is getting brutal though. The restaurant folks need more downtown apartment units to come online as soon as possible. The smart ones aren't holding their breath for the District Detroit units though. That is, unless they can hold their breath until about 2020.

I hated that place too. Also, they had what seemed to be a rather chronic problem with credit card numbers being stolen.

I find R U B BBQ quite disgusting as well. If I recall correctly the proprietor of both owns the building though, so unlikely he'll be going anywhere soon. Too bad as great things could happen in that location in the right hands.