Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default U.S. Can't Default Because It Prints Money

The latest quote from Mr. Trump. My head does not know whether to shake or spin. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The latest quote from Mr. Trump. My head does not know whether to shake or spin. Comments?
    Sounds like a Democrat or establishment Republican.

Money is one thing but worth is another. What good is paper money devalued to the point where you need a wheel barrels worth for a loaf of bread?! History has shown how cheering that kind of monetary collapse can be!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-10-16 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post

Well, technically he's right. When your debt is in U.S Dollars and you can create U.S Dollars then paying that debt off could be that simple. The problem would be inflation and our damaged reputation leading to increased costs for borrowing in the future. Sadly, we have acquired such a huge debt that printing may be the only way out it.