Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just two or three more? I thought there were more.
    You tend to lose count when shootings happen so much that if there isn't one or two a night or day, you wonder why. It's not shocking anymore...it's not even newsworthy anymore. It's become commonplace among the predominantly black Detroit community. I see no outrage, I see not signs of protest...it will continue until everyone is killed off. Where is Sharpton, where is Jackson? Where are all the BLM organizers?

No news, just a mean little town with a subsidized showcase in the middle.

Makes me wonder how many more you don't hear about.

Detroit is in a state of emergency. no jobs, no local education system, no social safety net. it's a free-for-all, if you don't live down/mid/cork/town.

The shooting on Gratiot at the car wash sounds like the same location in which multiple people were shot last year during a block party near or in a car wash. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    The shooting on Gratiot at the car wash sounds like the same location in which multiple people were shot last year during a block party near or in a car wash. Can anyone confirm this?
    That's the one. Chief Craig just confirmed on the news, that there were shootings in the past.

Seems the 'west side' has been leading with gun fire and crime lately. In broad daylight a woman shot multiple times as she drove, while more gun fire nearby according to article:

Witness: 35-year-old woman shot, killed in car 'drove while she was dying'
    Neighbors said the gunfire started in at a home on Forrer Street in broad daylight. One neighbor, who wanted to remain anonymous, said she heard six to eight gunshots coming from the vacant house.

"They shot that house up, and then they shot up the house up in front of me," she said.
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...38859039-story

Number of TOTAL people shot Friday on the east side has gone up too [[now they're saying 10!):

10 people shot, two killed in five separate incidents Friday night in Detroit
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...ght-in-detroit
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-08-16 at 06:52 AM.

The "street code" is being ignored; less guns on the street would help..

^^^ The "No Snitchin'" code? Or that other favorite: "Snitches get Stitches".
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-08-16 at 08:13 PM.

I see no outrage, I see not signs of protest
    Protest held yesterday:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...38851465-story

Many gathered at the site where a 6-month-old was shot last month to protest the violence with a "Man Up, Guns Down" rally on Saturday evening.The event at 7 Mile Road and Winthrop on Detroit's west side, where Miracle Murray was killed while playing outside on April 16, was held to peacefully protest the recent string of child-related violence that has affected the Detroit community over the past month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Oh no, I mean the outrage in the form of burning up the neighborhood stores, shooting at the cops, rioting, and fires.....the REAL outrage that is shown when a black person is shot by someone other than another black thug.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Oh no, I mean the outrage in the form of burning up the neighborhood stores, shooting at the cops, rioting, and fires.....the REAL outrage that is shown when a black person is shot by someone other than another black thug.
    This, plus the way the Tigers have been throwing their own protests lately, suggests that the comeback doesn't last forever.

Default Arm Yourself; America’s scourge

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Just two or three more? I thought there were more.
    You tend to lose count when shootings happen so much that if there isn't one or two a night or day, you wonder why. It's not shocking anymore...it's not even newsworthy anymore. It's become commonplace among the predominantly black Detroit community. I see no outrage, I see not signs of protest...it will continue until everyone is killed off. Where is Sharpton, where is Jackson? Where are all the BLM organizers?
    Protest marches do absolutely no good, with the exception of getting the attention of the media. It’s naïve to suggest, or even imply, that any amount of individuals walking [[protesting) a few blocks up and down a street – in a live fire zone – has an impact on these senseless shootings. The lowlife, or no life mentality that exists in many of America’s city, couldn’t care less about a protect march. These protest marches have been occurring how long? It is no more of a deterrent to crime than the death penalty. This wanton crime in America’s cities is nothing new; and the warm weather uptick in violent crime in the cold weather cities, is nothing new. They will continue to shoot wildly at each other – and injure or kill whoever happens to be in way – until they are all incarcerated or dead. They care nothing about themselves, and care even less about others, prison saves them.
    There will be the usual family performances of shock and disbelief of how these young individuals went from little Lord Fauntleroy [[which they never were) into wild savages armed with firearms. The guns make them less than a man, not a better man.
    The gun makers are doing great, and their stocks are up as well; the undertakers and funeral homes are booked solid like a wedding chapel in June.
    Corrections is a growing business, and those seeking lifetime employment need only to apply.

~ 20 shot and how many murdered over the weekend?

Looks like Detroit is in competition with Chicago.

There goes N.E.D.'s Street Code. The only street code and law-abiding citizens and criminal know is NO SNITCHING!

People are getting "popped" left and right, and the weather hasn't even got hot yet.

When I was their age, and the weather got hot, we looked forward to going to get a pop, not popping someone. No country for old men, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post
    Protest marches do absolutely no good, with the exception of getting the attention of the media. It’s naïve to suggest, or even imply, that any amount of individuals walking [[protesting) a few blocks up and down a street – in a live fire zone – has an impact on these senseless shootings. The lowlife, or no life mentality that exists in many of America’s city, couldn’t care less about a protect march. These protest marches have been occurring how long? It is no more of a deterrent to crime than the death penalty. This wanton crime in America’s cities is nothing new; and the warm weather uptick in violent crime in the cold weather cities, is nothing new. They will continue to shoot wildly at each other – and injure or kill whoever happens to be in way – until they are all incarcerated or dead. They care nothing about themselves, and care even less about others, prison saves them.
    There will be the usual family performances of shock and disbelief of how these young individuals went from little Lord Fauntleroy [[which they never were) into wild savages armed with firearms. The guns make them less than a man, not a better man.
    The gun makers are doing great, and their stocks are up as well; the undertakers and funeral homes are booked solid like a wedding chapel in June.
    Corrections is a growing business, and those seeking lifetime employment need only to apply.

To be fair, Listening to the new stories, the vast majority of those that were shot this weekend were specifically targeted. Only one or two of those shootings [[a robbery gone bad and a man found shot to death in a car) reported yesterday on Fox 2 appeared to be random.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    When I was their age, and the weather got hot, we looked forward to going to get a pop, not popping someone. No country for old men, that's for sure.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to decrease the violence in inner city Detroit?

The news report stated something to the effect of over 20 deaths [[mostly shootings along with the man with his throat slithttp://www.clickondetroit.com/news/m...hed-police-say) within the last month.

Again, I do not hold to the "crime for crime's sake" scenario. I would like to know the motive for each and every killing that each and every killer performed knowing full and well before taking that drastic act that could get them caught [[or strangely enough, not-which would only make them only more bold).

This is a very ugly trend [[oddly following the recent sprees of mob juggernaut bash and grab robberies of jewelry stores and artillery) that has descended upon the city [[and Fox seems to be the major source of online information on the topic) here-almost sanctioned, and it does a wonderful affect of riling folks into a histrionic "Let's make America great [[white) again" state, as I'm hearing more and more coarse white folks spout out in public environments [[Meijer's, suburban community centers) about how all across the country, it is all Obama's fault and how Trump will fix it. You may also notice the racial tone of some of the more troillish mentalities on this thread.

lpg is right, it is rather comparable to Chicago.

I was going to chime in on the "code" thread. Yet, there is no honor among criminals, except fear, and with junkies, they are just "thick as thieves" despite any other ugliness attached to any shady individual [["oh sure, that guy distributes daterape drugs to all the local bars-the cops know it-but he's a big mover and shaker who works for the auto company and has great art showings with great piles of cocaine"). Yet, what an odd inconsistency we have where "the criminals" feel that a child-molester should get "prison justice", while shooting the child of someone else in vengeance to a dishonor done to a gang is acceptable.

Than again, the system at large is full of many inconsistencies and flaws. One of them is assuming poor education and nutrition is going to make our children better, and if they turn out doing bad, instead of working on those very factors in some proper facility, we seem to think prison rape is going to make them a better person [[no, usually they end up broken and wandering the streets. I've encountered many of them personally). Anyone agreeing with the current situation of doing things is just sadly sick in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post

You may have missed the sarcastic tone in how the question was asked. It was more rhetorical in nature and I believe intended to ask why blacks are not outraged that blacks are being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Do you have any suggestions on how to decrease the violence in inner city Detroit?
    I have no solution mb, I don't even have any suggestions anymore. I do know I'm not drinking the crime dropping kool-aid, looking @ things from my vantage point.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    How old are you? Crime started skyrocketing in the mid '60s, and was a full blown epidemic by the late '60s. You must have been born in the 1930s or 1940s if the American crime explosion happened after you were a teenager.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast