Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Favorite Metro Chinese food

What are some good Metro area Chinese food places?

diver1369 Guest

Wong's Fu Wah
    975 Inkster Rd, between Ford Rd. and Cherry Hill
    Garden City

China Ruby
    157 W Nine Mile
    Ferndale, 48220

Pretty spectacular, especially for the price.

Hong Hua in Farmington Hills - excellent, and very authentic. They won Hour magazine's best restaurant award a few years back.

Wing's Gardens, 8410 W 9 Mile Rd at Republic, Oak Park
    This family-run restaurant is my favorite. Great Shrimp Fried Rice, large portions and excellent service.

Want authenticity? Try the Sun Hong BBQ Restaurant on Wyandotte in nearby Windsor. Seven days a week they serve up some of the best Chinese BBQ foods around. They've only been around for nearly 25+ years, have been serving the University of Windsor asian student community, and offers up one heckuva hearty meal for under $8. It's got to be one of the best greasy chopsticks I've ever been to.

Lorax Guest

Wan Kow and Moy's, both on Mack in Grosse Pointe Woods, both carry-out but Moy's, once in St. Clair Shores for 40 years until moving to Mack recently, has the best almond chicken around. Wan Kow is just as good, and has also been around 50+ years.

Asian Garden in Belleville.
    Great Vietnamese and Chinese.
    Nestled in a corner of a plaza and not easy to find but you won't be disappointed.

Shin Shin's in Windsor

i like great wall on the corner of michigan and 10th... no msg and cheap!

Szechuan Empire in Livonia is GREAT. I don't think they use msg either.

Shangri-La at 6407 Orchard Lake Rd. in West Bloomfield is where I always get carry-out, and it is better than anywhere else in this area that I've tried. Passes Jennifer Lee's [[Fortune Cookie Chronicles book) test for Chinese authenticity: Menu in Chinese, Many Chinese patrons, no Chinese Zodiac menus. Check the online reviews though - they're truly bipolar - people either love or loathe this place.

Golden Dragon on mack in GP and Ruby on 14 Mile in Warren.

Ravine Guest

The Rose Garden, inside a small strip-mall on Telegraph [[right at intersection with Ford Road; immediately north of Ford, east side of Telegraph) has, in the recent past, won the Metro Times' award for Best Eggroll, and the award is well deserved.
    It's the only case where I would take the ten minute [[each way) drive just for the sake of picking up some of their well-stuffed, crunchy egg rolls. And, while it is natural for an egg roll to be somewhat greasy, they are as non-greasy as any I've had.
    Damn. Now I want about three, or four, of them.
    And, don't get me wrong; everything else I've ordered, from there, was terrific, too.
    I will add that if you want to eat, there, the dining room is comfortably quiet, and the service is impeccable.

For a person like me who claims to not like Chinese food, I like the cashew chicken at TenYen on Wayne Rd in Livonia.While I am at it the China Garden? in Wayne on Mich ave&Wayne rd has good crab rangoon..

Mandarin House on Oullette in downtown Windsor. Is there any place to get good dim sum in metro Detroit besides Windsor?

For 15 years, I have been going to Jade Palace, in Oak Park. Its in the shopping center at Coolidge & 696. The owner is always there; service is friendly and prices are reasonable. They make their own dinner rolls on site.

13351 W 10 Mile Rd
    Oak Park, MI 48237
    248-545-8088

Wing Hong Restaurant
    18203 West 10 Mile Rd [[near Southfield Expresway)
    Southfield, MI 48075
    [[248) 569-5527

Wing Hong's Express
    3050 Union Lake Rd Ste 9D
    Commerce TWP, MI 48382
    [[248) 363-3331

Wing Hong Express
    7410 Haggerty Rd
    West Bloomfield, MI 48322
    [[248) 788-3800

Mr. Hong was a dear and close college friend to my father dating back to the late 50's and early 60's when Mr. hong arrived in America and my Dad from New York. A class act.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/ch/19/2057...Wing-Hong.html

I second Shin-Shin in Windsor.

Also, I heard that Shangri-La in West Bloomfield has great dim-sum every night from 10PM-2AM. If there is a god out there, this is a true statement.

I like Wing Hong and it is right near me. The only thing is, lately there isn't a even a whiff of almond in the almond boneless chicken. The family that owns it lives in the neighborhood as well. There used to be this old gentleman doing Tai Chi in the driveway early mornings when I was headed to work.

What's the place on Grand River just north of Fenkell? I used to go there all the time when I lived nearby...

A side note: Almond Boneless Chicken is a Detroit thing! I found this out the hard way...

Grand River just north of Fenkell. That would be Sun-Ya, is it still there? We went there all the time when we lived there too, but it has been a good long while.

A lot of people preferred the Rice Bowl which was about halfway down towards Greenfield on the south side of GR.

If I recall correctly, Sun-Ya fell victim to some health code issues. I think they lost all of their business to Cheng's Garden at Southfield and 6 Mile.

I love Wing Hong. I do not eat there now that I live way up in the northern burbs' but many great Sunday dinner's there as a youngster even when they had the place in Farmington Hills.

new peking. ford road and middlebelt garden city. the best mandarin schezwan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast