Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 371 top end problems

I have recently unlocked at 371 M head and now it is pushing all of the coolant out of the radiator I know that it's either the cylinder head is cracked or the head gasket is gone just wondering if anybody has any info The problem with the 371 supercharged Motors cracking the head

Sounds like a head gasket to me. Happened on my Cutlass 350. Just blew everything out of the overflow coolant bottle. Had to replace both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I have recently unlocked at 371 M head and now it is pushing all of the coolant out of the radiator I know that it's either the cylinder head is cracked or the head gasket is gone just wondering if anybody has any info The problem with the 371 supercharged Motors cracking the head
    What is a 371 M supercharged ? What is the meaning of recently unlocked at 371 M?

1957 to 1960 Oldsmobile,I thought 3 duces was the max factory,it would be cool to see a supercharged version.

Only way now is to remove the heads again,unlocked? Motor was stuck from sitting?

Pull the heads and look at the gaskets ,intake and cylinder.

If the gaskets are blown then at the minimum lay a piece of flat glass across the head to check for warping and at least have a machine shop magnaflux for cracks.
    Last edited by Richard; May-05-16 at 10:35 PM.