Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Little Caesars Arena

Well....it looks like we have a name for the new arena. Thoughts?

Tax motivated tactic. Probably couldn't get anyone else to pay enough so LC paid the RWs a lot of tax deductible money and the RW, which may be operating at a loss, avoids paying a lot of taxes.

SWAG obviously.

Looks like the LED roof is not happening.. to be replaced with a giant LC logo instead.

Arena! Arena!

No surprise. A number of us suggested it earlier this year...

Yuck, what a disappointment.

What is the nickname going to be? The Hot and Ready?

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

No surprise there.

But even if they put that logo on the roof, it doesn't mean they aren't doing the LED roof to display other images. It might just be predominately that image.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    What is the nickname going to be? The Hot and Ready?
    The Soggy Box

Yuck. I'm going to stick with "Red Wings Arena"

Ain't it coincidental that I once made a 3D mockup of the arena way back in 2012 and titled it with this exact name?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...eb72b524f3e0ca

I am irate, and the social media reactions are quite bad. LC is an inferior fast food product like Taco Bell or McDs, and you do not see arenas named after such chains. This reflects poorly on Detroit and the franchise and I hope they change it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    No surprise there.

But even if they put that logo on the roof, it doesn't mean they aren't doing the LED roof to display other images. It might just be predominately that image.
    They all but said the LED roof is gone. Tom Wilson said the sides of the building "made out of aluminum" will be able to "project images"

They kind of hinted this was coming when they said a couple months back that an LED roof might not work due to the weight of it. Oh well, would've been way cooler.

I think many of us don't like this name. Money drives the business and it doesn't surprise me at all. Still, I'll probably call it 'The LCA' or a variation of that.

What also is very disappointing is the giant Little Caesars man logo on the roof instead of LED lighting and changing colors and logos for different events.

We've gone from the "Joe' to the "Dough".....ijs

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789 View Post
    They all but said the LED roof is gone. Tom Wilson said the sides of the building "made out of aluminum" will be able to "project images"

They kind of hinted this was coming when they said a couple months back that an LED roof might not work due to the weight of it. Oh well, would've been way cooler.
    The roof LEDs were an awesome part of the concept. Why even announce that if you can't deliver?

Name is obviously terrible.

Where is everyone seeing the giant little caesars logo on the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    The roof LEDs were an awesome part of the concept. Why even announce that if you can't deliver?

Name is obviously terrible.
    Little Caesars never delivers...

as as for the name, I hate it but I expected it. Why couldn't they at least call it little Caesars palace or little Caesars coliseum? The one saving grace to LC as a sponsor was the opportunity for a play on words. Disappointing.

The big pizza pie in the sky.

LAME
    Why not honor the city, state or local sports great? The evokes thoughts of the cheapest gimmick pizza out there.
    I would've bet the name would have something to do with them though.

Underwhelmed. Yawn. 'Much like what I've thought of the Red Wings' on-ice performance the past five seasons.
    Last edited by Old Red Barn; April-28-16 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    I think many of us don't like this name. Money drives the business and it doesn't surprise me at all. Still, I'll probably call it 'The LCA' or a variation of that.

What also is very disappointing is the giant Little Caesars man logo on the roof instead of LED lighting and changing colors and logos for different events.

It never says in the article that the LED roof has been axed and the logo will be permanent. I'll hold out hope that the LED roof still comes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    It never says in the article that the LED roof has been axed and the logo will be permanent. I'll hold out hope that the LED roof still comes.
    Brad Galli tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/725712235243405312

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast