Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I haven't been following DG and Yahoo.

Is Yahoo leaving CA realistic?
    Yahoo is an internet, advertising, and media company -- none of which exist in any meaningful way in Detroit. There are a few agencies that cater to the automakers; not even enough media to adequately cover local news; practically zero internet. Which is to say no, at least not to Detroit.

If Gilbert wins the bid for Yahoo look for Yahoo to open a small office downtown, mostly for Gilbert's convenience. [[I think they may already have a tiny ad sales office in Birmingham, or somewhere.) If we're lucky they'll hire a few operations people and engineers. That is unless Gilbert moves to California himself.

I'd love to be wrong, but let's be realistic.
    Last edited by bust; July-21-16 at 03:19 PM.