Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit's Street Code: Will it work for the ghetto hoods of Detroit.

A Black Lives Matter supremacy group called New Era Detroit has released the Street Code. It's like an urban Ten Commandments for the ghetto hoods of Detroit and other black communities. Will this new street law help reduce or prevent street crime? Or stir up more crime? In the late 1960s STRESS was put in place to stop street crime, but didn't work. Coleman Young put an end to it.

Any thoughts?

Here is the source

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...27896432-story

DPD didn't seem to like the street code, but basically it's trying to keep the violence away from innocent people and businesses.

It's not a perfect solution, but I don't think a perfect solution exists.

Maybe they could just meet in the alley and have a fight with clubs and knives. How's 11:00 after the kids are in bed? By the way, I don't think they are a black "supremacy" group.

The New Era Detroit morality is the morality of savage idiots. No thanks, bad try.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    The New Era Detroit morality is the morality of savage idiots. No thanks, bad try.
    Criminals don't read. Criminals don't read code. What is this group going to go? March up to the gangbanger's houses and read the code to them? Get them to sign the code? Silly people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Criminals don't read. Criminals don't read code. What is this group going to go? March up to the gangbanger's houses and read the code to them? Get them to sign the code? Silly people.
    Simple. All the have to do is schedule a meeting, and have all the bangers ratify and sign off on these 10 codes. They could even put in a clause it'll be a $25 fine if you break a code. That should do it. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-25-16 at 06:41 AM.

So much to unpack here.

"ghetto hoods"? just go ahead and say the word, you will feel better.
    The has nothing to do with "#BlackLivesMatter".
    BTW, it has nothing to do with the Detroit 300 either.
    It has nothing to do with supremacy. How did you even yoga this in your thread?

New Era Detroit is a grass roots organization looking for ways to solve issues. Their solutions may not be pretty, but they are trying something to reduce/eliminate urban violence.

New Era was a salty potato chip, "on the alkaline side". The code was to eat the chips with a Stroh's beer, at the neighborhood corner bar, when it was safe to walk there. It worked surprisingly well. Another time and place.

This is a textbook example of the root of the problems in Detroit...trying to have things both ways.

This reminds me of that time when Kwame and the NAACP tried to "bury" the N word in the cemetery.

I'm pleased to see people in my neighborhood trying to address the problem of senseless crime. Yeah, their efforts might be naive or misdirected in some peoples' minds, but at least they are taking action in their own way and expressing their genuine concern regarding an issue that impacts all of us who live here.

I applaud the New Era folks and all those who stand with them. As for the outsiders on this forum who don't live in the city [[or at least not in the effected neighborhoods), yet they sit back and take stupid, uninformed pot shots at those who are trying to improve their communities, I say try to help the situation by taking similar action, or shut your dumb a$$ up and just go away. You'll be doing everyone a service either way.

New Era folks go down the streets in big groups and pick up all of the trash.

They are A - OKAY!

Thank you to all of the moving-in Detroiters - you will help get the street
    sweepers back in service someday.

Better to anonymously donate a tiny amount, than curse the darkness:

https://www.gofundme.com/miraclemurray

When Crimemapping used to get Detroit data, it would show vast
    swaths of purple guns all across Detroit [[police confiscations of handguns).
    You might not like cops very much, but the little orange "man down"
    figures would tend to occur in areas outside of the swaths.
    Last edited by Dumpling; April-25-16 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    This reminds me of that time when Kwame and the NAACP tried to "bury" the N word in the cemetery.
    I remember the huge assembly at Hart Plaza, but didn't realize they went into the dirt.

Come to think of it...this might've been his zenith as Mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    DPD didn't seem to like the street code, but basically it's trying to keep the violence away from innocent people and businesses.

It's not a perfect solution, but I don't think a perfect solution exists.

Crime has been around from day one,if it becomes organized and self policing then it has less impact on civilians but then Rico steps in and it all goes back to thuggery.

I agree there never will be a perfect solution,but if street cred can be changed to street code then the impact hopefully will be less on everyday lives.

It's a good idea. Just like the 'stop snitching' trend was terrible, this can be a better standard.
    With the kid getting killed in Chicago and a recent 4year old here killed by assassins. They're trying to stop the lines from being crossed as innocent people are getting caught up in conflict.

Or his 'rhetoric' as Mayor. Ultimately we knew what was most important in his [[Kilpatrick's) world [[$$).

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Come to think of it...this might've been his zenith as Mayor.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-27-16 at 11:12 PM.

In the ghetto hood, criminals, thugs, drug dealers, mutants, rapists and residents has one street code. NO SNITCHING! At least it works, but law enforcement don't like that code.

Oh no guys. Let's just pretend this entire thread didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliora View Post
    Oh no guys. Let's just pretend this entire thread didn't happen.
    Agreed and done.