Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where to buy organ meats in or near Detroit?

Hi. I'm looking for a place near Detroit to purchase organ meats. Specifically red meat, beef hearts/liver/kidneys etc. Also bison/buffalo/boar. So far I have only found beef liver. I'm looking for grass-fed if possible, but I understand that may be near impossible to find so I'm willing to settle with conventional. If anyone knows where to look or any butcher shops that carry exotic or organ meats [[especially beef heart + kidneys) please let me know!

try calling these:

Piquette Meat Market
    13503 West McNichols Detroit, MI 48235
    http://meatdeal.com/

http://www.el-supermercado.com/meat.html

Ronnie's in Gratiot Central Market? They seem to have everything. I'd be shocked if one of the shops in there didn't carry organ meats. I've seen whole hog heads at Ronnie's.

I'll echo drjeff. You can even get, or used to get regularly, mountain oysters there. Kinda an "ultimate" organ meat.

Butcher Boy in Warren has everything you'll need.

Good luck to you, but yuck.

Yikes! Do chittlins' count? Never had any. Don't think I will at this point!

Third on ronnie's. Used to be RJ's? Southernmost most corner of gratiot central. If they don't have it I bet they'd find it.

I'm pretty sure al-haramain in Hamtramck also has organ meat, although I don't actually know what it is that I've seen in their cooler.

1300 East Warren Detroit

in stock and ready to serve

Default Those Hoosiers

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    I'll echo drjeff. You can even get, or used to get regularly, mountain oysters there. Kinda an "ultimate" organ meat.
    Number one tavern food in Indiana

I shop there and think maybe the lambs head, eyes staring back at you from cooler can tell you where!

Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure Al-Haramain in Hamtramck also has organ meat, although I don't actually know what it is that I've seen in their cooler.

Hi. I'm looking for a place near Detroit to purchase organ meats.

Many places ... starting with downtown streetcorners after sunset.

^^^ Uh, hah! That was just wrong........!

There used to be a place by the Mt. Clemens Pottery that sold Possum, Racoon, and Muscrat, all advertised in the window by the pound.

But we all bought our Schlitz Tall Boys, there for lunch. 1972 maybe ?

And I'm NOT looking to hook up with an old life thank you.

I recently had a neighbor hook me up with a woman who was a 17 Yr. old High school Senior when we dated 43 Yrs. ago.
    We both had shell shock, and let's leave it at that. But we did spend a nice hour together catching up. And she lives around the corner in my building.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-01-16 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    And I'm NOT looking to hook up with an old life thank you.

I recently had a neighbor hook me up with a woman who was a 17 Yr. old High school Senior when we dated 43 Yrs. ago.
    We both had shell shock, and let's leave it at that. But we did spend a nice hour together catching up. And she lives around the corner in my building.
    How convenient.....
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-01-16 at 01:23 PM.