Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Wow. So sad and so young. Once had a third row center freebie seat to see him at the Masonic in the 80's with Morris Day and the Time as the opener.

Default What was the cause of his death?

I understand that he died and I understand the place of his death but why doesn't no one no the cause of his death. Like what did he die from. Why is dead. Was it murder. I find this to be suspect to not no how he died but is eager to pronounce his death.

Quote Originally Posted by J'J View Post
    I understand that he died and I understand the place of his death but why doesn't no one no the cause of his death. Like what did he die from. Why is dead. Was it murder. I find this to be suspect to not no how he died but is eager to pronounce his death.
    It just happened this morning. It's fairly easy to tell if someone is dead, it's not always easy to tell why it happened.

Prince had been ill recently and just a week or two ago his jet had to make an emergency landing to seek medical attention. Supposedly he had the flu, but that's just what his people were telling the media, so he very well may have had other issues. Even if they were being truthful, the flu can be a serious matter for someone in their late 50's.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-21-16 at 03:13 PM.

Way too young to go. In his prime was an era that I last enjoyed most radio music. Now there is nothing I care to listen to as far as pop music.

He could have gone on many more years as a writer/producer.

Yes, the flu [[if that is what he died from) is short for 'Influenza'. It's formidable killer historically and presently. Every year thousands in the US succumb to it. Increasingly so children and the 'middle-aged' and beyond which would be Princes age range. Still, more info is bound to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    ....Supposedly he had the flu, but that's just what his people were telling the media, so he very well may have had other issues. Even if they were being truthful, the flu can be a serious matter for someone in their late 50's.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-22-16 at 06:14 AM.

Many artists love slipping entendres about drugs or sex [[or what have you-be it subliminal or a surrealistic riddle or otherwise.) into their work and gleefully watching it fly past mainstream society's approval filter. I can't help but subversively snicker sometimes, but also get creeped out at others [[plus, I would get straight up incensed when the artist would backpedal and swear the work wasn't about that at all-"No, it was about a drawing my daughter did, not about the drug.").

What does irk me is just how far out of control the ridiculous obliviousness of mainstream society gets when citing something for commercial purposes [[like using "Beautiful World" by Devo to sell a product, having little girls in costume dance around at a parade to "Pokerface", anything with "Major Tom" as the subject to sell a car, or even using Gary Numan's "Cars" to sell a car).

Case in point, the press is going on about [[the artist formally known as) Prince and the documentary they already have prepared [[they must have a postmortem collection of every major celebrity-Oprah, Streisand, Curtis "Booger' Armstrong-that they only have to do the most minute updated editing to tack on at the end and be the "first" on the scene after they pass on-like SNL having Brokaw announce Gerald Ford's deathhttp://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...e-tapes/n10894. That's okay, according to Kevin Smith, Prince has a huge vault of songs and videos noone has ever heard, may only hear months and years after his passing now, or maybe never.), and so they throw out the line "he gave us diamonds and pearls", and I snicker a bit....

Looking it up online, there are at least two or three threads where some one mentions the song's possibly sexual overt meaning [[like with "Schoolyard"-with the "nasty part")http://prince.org/msg/7/344517. You be the judge.

Than again, I just don't think "Jailhouse Rock" was all that innocent right from the line "cutest jailbird I ever did see..."

"Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last."
    Prince was definitely one of the all-time greats. When Bowie passed I told someone Prince was the only other musician who was on Bowie's level. Now he's gone, too.

RIP...Rest In Purple.

There are still tickets available for Purple Rain @ Cinema Detroit tonight....

https://cinemadetroit.com/2016/04/21/purple-rain/

Last weekend's DFT Memorial to Prince.......

Name:  Prince Memorial, DFT.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  42.0 KB