Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Any one heard about a new sushi place coming to a bedrock property

I read it about a week ago, can not recall what Dan Gilbert building its going in

Is this it?

http://www.socialsushidetroit.com/

Sorry but it's excruciatingly hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Is this it?

http://www.socialsushidetroit.com/

Sorry but it's excruciatingly hipster.
    Three things:

1. Explain to me what a hipster is.
    2. Why is hipster a bad thing?
    3. And typically "hipster" spots are not immediately downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Three things:

1. Explain to me what a hipster is.
    2. Why is hipster a bad thing?
    3. And typically "hipster" spots are not immediately downtown.
    1) Hipster is like art, it's in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think so, that's fine.
    2) It's not bad, but "pop-up" anything reeks of seeming hipster-ish
    3) I don't think anything is geographically bound.

There's sustainable sushi. "Sustainable" is also a hipster flag.

no that's not it, I think this was in the bedrock newsletter it wasn't for me my office manager likes sushi . It was an article about a sushi place opening in the few weeks, thanks for the article I will pass it on to my manager
    Last edited by scooter; April-20-16 at 12:55 PM.

yes it was mentioned. it will undoubtedly cater to the higher end of the dining spectrum. it remains a rumor at this point.

thanks much, just wish they could put some more places down here that the common people can afford besides deli's and bars not all of us that work down here get paid mega bucks

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    1) Hipster is like art, it's in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think so, that's fine.
    2) It's not bad, but "pop-up" anything reeks of seeming hipster-ish
    3) I don't think anything is geographically bound.

There's sustainable sushi. "Sustainable" is also a hipster flag.
    Thank you for answering in a professional matter. I will definitely agree with you on 1 and 2. But I feel the downtown is pretty much over saturated with those working at Quicken Loans and whatnot. It seems as though now the neighborhoods are the cool trendy places as opposed to the downtown area.

i did some digging...best guess is the old federal reserve building.

both 1st level spaces are currently vacant but only one suite is available...for "retail"
    http://bedrockmgt.com/properties/sui...uite=150&clk=y

which leaves the center suite. its not identified for anything
    http://bedrockmgt.com/properties/pdf/11_bro.pdf

i wish they would boot bangkok crossing out of 620 woodward and do something higher end there...

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post

i wish they would boot bangkok crossing out of 620 woodward and do something higher end there...
    Fuck no I like Bangkok not every restaurant needs to be high end hipster bullshit.

It would be nice if instead of this sort of neo-sushi place [[which, I'm sorry, does look excruciatingly hipsteresque) someone opened a real, authentic, Japanese sushi-ya somewhere in the central city. Particularly if they're going to have a high-endish priced place anyway. For my money, the only really good sushi in this area is at Noble out in Clawson. But going all the way out there to eat in the back of a grocery store ain't exactly a fine dining experience.

Thursday nights at Craft Work are sushi nights. Just kicked off a few weeks ago. Was going to be an entire new restaurant but got scaled back, so the desire and seriousness is there just in smaller form.