Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What Happened to the First National Grill?

walked by the first National Building yesterday saw sign in window new restaurant coming soon.

They had a nut-case roust the place... the police got him fast though.

wont be missed. too prime of a location for a place like that

The food sucked and they had like 5 menu items. Eggs, bacon, sausage, burgers and fries. [[This is only a slight exaggeration.)

It is strange though. They were open on Friday and then Monday morning, there are signs everywhere about a new restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    The food sucked and they had like 5 menu items. Eggs, bacon, sausage, burgers and fries. [[This is only a slight exaggeration.)

It is strange though. They were open on Friday and then Monday morning, there are signs everywhere about a new restaurant.
    Went there once for lunch and we were blown away by there ridiculously small menu and the were out of several things. Never went back.

What more do you need re. the five food groups: coffee or pop, coneys, chili and fries???

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What more do you need re. the five food groups: coffee or pop, coneys, chili and fries???

You forgot the most essential ingredient - Grease, grease, and more grease.
    Detroit's middle name is Coney Island

what is this place?

First National Grill

I went to this place twice. They wouldn't accept credit cards for amounts under 5 bucks and I wasn't overly impressed. I'll take Woodward Coney over them any day.

They used to be called Zef's, right?

You're making me hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post
    You forgot the most essential ingredient - Grease, grease, and more grease.
    Detroit's middle name is Coney Island

yep, all this place really was a branch of the q in chase, they had the same breakfast burritos already , wish Zef was still there