Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Al Jazeera America Signs Off

I liked that they had news sources all over the world, and emphasized hard news, but also had features like TechKnow. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bobl; April-16-16 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I liked that they had news sources all over the world, and emphasized hard news, but also had features like TechKnow. Thoughts?
    If you're saying they're gone for good, I think it's a loss. The couple of times I had a chance to catch their show I liked it. The presented a slightly different but thorough newscast. A welcome change from the bad hair bobble heads that continue nodding while one of them emotionally tries to make a mountain out of a mole hill. [[IMO)

Default A Topic Other Than Crime, Graft, Water, and a Failing School System

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I watched it when I remembered where it was located in the channel guide; I think it near MSNBC and CNBC? Not sure though...I assume Al Jazeera English will still be tweeting on my Twitter feed.

Dig that. I never watched but I tune-in to other non-USA news sources for the advantage -- strange enough -- that they don't always report the from the partisan perspective and agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    If you're saying they're gone for good, I think it's a loss...[[IMO)
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-17-16 at 07:13 PM.

I noticed the tiniest reference flashed on the opening credits of Last Week with John Oliver, and I got the slightest pang [[uh-oh, what is happening, are they going off the air).

Again, I liked their straight delivery. I can look past the depressing mess they constantly updated on, but it's like walking into a very intricately involved soap opera. I can't pretend I wasn't lost from the getgo, so many names and regions to keep up with. It all simply went right over my head.

It would be interesting to know why they ended [[my brother said it was in the works for a while to end this regional broadcast over here), while so many undeserving stations stay on, and what does this indicate for Arab-American culture [[especially for Muslims).