Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Monica Conyers attended the Bob Bashara court appearance.

I could not resist. Comments?

I didn't think it was real... but it is? https://twitter.com/elishaanderson/s...99795054268417

When I saw a shot of Master Bob turned to speak with Monica behind him, it was a surreal moment. Apparently she's working as a legal assistant for Bob's attorney. You really couldn't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I didn't think it was real... but it is? https://twitter.com/elishaanderson/s...99795054268417
    She looks fit to be tied.

Quote Originally Posted by michmina View Post
    When I saw a shot of Master Bob turned to speak with Monica behind him, it was a surreal moment. Apparently she's working as a legal assistant for Bob's attorney. You really couldn't make this stuff up.
    She claims she is a member of another state bar association, and hopes that Michigan will give her reciprocity. I am curious what bar exam she took and where and when?

And in latest news about Monica Conyers, who filed for divorce from her husband of 26 years in Sept. 2015.....

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/John.../14/id/552789/

Best one liner of the month, HonkyTonk.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    She claims she is a member of another state bar association, and hopes that Michigan will give her reciprocity. I am curious what bar exam she took and where and when?
    Even if she's a member of another state bar, she can't practice in Michigan without being licensed here. And she'd have to go through the reinstatement process to get there. The ARDC looks dimly upon those who practice without a license. I don't know exactly what she is doing for this client, but I'm sure she's selling her "influence" with Judge Evans, who is her friend. Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what the public HATES about our legal system: the appearance of favors to those in the know.

Default Sterling Resume

Her Linkedin account states

Monica Conyers:

helping families
    Greater Detroit Area Legal Services
    Current Wayne, Private Practice
    Previous, City of Detroit

Education
    University of the District of Columbia - The David A. Clarke School of Law

University of the District of Columbia - The David A. Clarke School of Law
    Doctor of Law [[JD), Legal Professions and Studies
    1999 – 2002

Bennett College for Women
    Bachelor of Arts [[B.A.), Political Science and Government/Secondary Education

Central Michigan University
    Master's degree, Public Administration

Quite a resume, oh and I searched the D.C. listing for practicing attorneys, and received a no match; thought I give it a shot, I also checked Ohio, nothing.
    No mention of where she took her bar exam

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post
    No mention of where she took her bar exam
    Cafe DeMongo?

There should be a rule about the number of unattractive people allowed in a court room at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    I know she failed to pass the Michigan bar exam at least 4 times. Maybe she took advantage of some jailhouse study time and passed the local bar exam while she was in the joint down in West Virginia? That one can't be too hard. Although it may also be a credential that one wouldn't want to talk about too much.