Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Thank you Honky Tonk .. Hey I took a great pic though
    You have to give some credit to the editor, though.......

I've seen a low wall like that built around an industrial Freon tank. It was to contain the Freon should the tank ever rupture.

I'd have to bet this pool is for some other purpose though.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    It's a substation for the Qline.
    Crap ! That sucks

The windows are now being installed

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Nice! In the Wurlitzer I presume.

Yes, sorry

The windows are also being installed in the Fire Department HQ building :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Name:  IMG_2898.jpg
Views: 2266
Size:  101.8 KB

Wurlitzer is coming along. Does not look like much has happened at the Metropolitan yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock N Rye View Post
    Name:  IMG_2898.jpg
Views: 2266
Size:  101.8 KB

Wurlitzer is coming along. Does not look like much has happened at the Metropolitan yet.
    They keep closing the street in front of the Metropolitan, so something is going on there. I think it's a hot mess inside, so they are probably still cleaning up. This concludes my wild speculation.

An only in Detroit Story. Not only has work on the Metropolitan officially started, but they rescued the 13 foot tree from the roof and will plant it in a city park

https://detroit.curbed.com/2017/8/29/16222972/metropolitan-building-redevelopment-hotel
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; August-30-17 at 10:04 AM.

pic from 5/18. some new windows on the metropolitan have been installed at the top right on the front. facade work has progressed nicely!. the siren hotel is up and running on the right as well [[their flag on the top)

I hope they keep the greenish sign above the entrance. Love that classic, almost French typeface.

I did a project about five years ago with the old Compuware, in the One Campus Martius building. We were embedded in a conference room with a view of the Metropolitan and Wurlitzer buildings. At the time, it was a little depressing seeing those hulks every day. I am so very happy to see their revival.

progress from 6/20

also elements website states that the hotel in detroit opens 12/1/18 ..!! exciting stuff
    Last edited by SpartanDawg; June-21-18 at 09:12 PM.

This is the first time I have noticed that the Metropolitan Building is not symmetrical...and it really bothers me. If I had known all along it would be one thing, but to notice it now just pisses me off. Lol

I love it. Creating a unique building to fill the entire lot gives it character.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    This is the first time I have noticed that the Metropolitan Building is not symmetrical...and it really bothers me. If I had known all along it would be one thing, but to notice it now just pisses me off. Lol
    Wow, I've never noticed that either. Must've been all the graffiti.

Great, now I can't unsee that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    progress from 6/20also elements website states that the hotel in detroit opens 12/1/18 ..!! exciting stuff
    That's is not going to be open by December. The City is too slow with development. Planet Fitness is still trying to open near the Riverfront

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    That's is not going to be open by December. The City is too slow with development. Planet Fitness is still trying to open near the Riverfront
    Why would this be the city of Detroit's fault and why negative about it, unless you have a source that says it'll take longer?

chugging along... 7/16

Along with the Shinola development facing Farmer, that little street is gonna get a much needed activity boost within the year. The People Mover and then the design of the Y because of the PM make the east side of Farmer rather unfortunate.

the issues with Planet Fitness on the riverfront has absolutely nothing to do with the city, it has everything to do with the current building owner thats trying to renegotiate the lease after the lease was signed. Head over the Crains and read all about it. The city is not the punching bag in this scenario

[QUOTE=ASilvaman;552689]the issues with Planet Fitness on the riverfront has absolutely nothing to do with the city, it has everything to do with the current building owner thats trying to renegotiate the lease after the lease was signed. Head over the Crains and read all about it. The city is not the punching bag in this scenario[/QUOTE
    Owner was probably inspired by someone to discourage PF from opening in that spot for it would had taken business away from the very expensive fitness centers downtown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast