Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Metropolitan/Wurlitzer progress

What is the status of the renovation of these two buildings? Anyone have any current pictures?

This afternoon:

Name:  FullSizeRender1.jpg
Views: 5479
Size:  136.5 KB

Is anything going on at the Metropolitan yet? Wasn't aware they had started construction yet.

I walked by there last Wednesday and stuff was going on at both, I didn't inspect what that stuff was.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Is anything going on at the Metropolitan yet? Wasn't aware they had started construction yet.
    I heard a couple of days ago that they have been removing hazardous materials from the interior. I haven't heard that they have started rebuilding stuff yet.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...itzerbuilding/

bunch of pics on there from the company who bought the building, ASH NYC. No prognostications, but pretty.

the large opening they made on the south facade must be for the 'rooftop lounge'. that will be an absolutely amazing space when complete!

any update on the wurlitzer? the company renovated the facade, took out all the windows, built an elevator shaft, and began framing the rooms.. but i have seen ZERO activity for about the past 2 months from that site.

has me worried that ASH NYC [[the hotel co. renovating it) may have ran into financial issues or backed out.. anybody know what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    any update on the wurlitzer? the company renovated the facade, took out all the windows, built an elevator shaft, and began framing the rooms.. but i have seen ZERO activity for about the past 2 months from that site.

has me worried that ASH NYC [[the hotel co. renovating it) may have ran into financial issues or backed out.. anybody know what's going on?
    I drive by it every day; there's been people working there the entire time. Looks like they are laying some kind of foundation [[I am the furthest thing from a construction expert) in the space next to the street and the elevator shaft is still going up. Sometimes that road is closed because of heavy machinery in the road.

Huh? There are are crews working at The Wurlitzer constantly. They're currently building an exterior elevator shaft and I'm pretty sure the entire interior is framed, plumbed and electrified at this point. You should expect them to open in less than a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    Huh? There are are crews working at The Wurlitzer constantly. They're currently building an exterior elevator shaft and I'm pretty sure the entire interior is framed, plumbed and electrified at this point. You should expect them to open in less than a year from now.
    i hope that's the case. but i've driven by the site a few times over the past two months and have noticed zero progress. have you actually seen workers on site?

i hope that's the case. but i've driven by the site a few times over the past two months and have noticed zero progress. have you actually seen workers on site?
    im at the ymca daily. there are indeed workers on site everyday...

I saw them last week and the week before that and the work before that, etc. Multiple posters have said they're still working on it how much more proof do you you need?

I will also add my voice to the "Yes, work is being done, we have eyes." side.

Well if you drive by at 8:00 PM it would make sense to not see anyone working.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    I saw them last week and the week before that and the work before that, etc. Multiple posters have said they're still working on it how much more proof do you you need?

well at the time i responded one had... so relax. but that sounds good to me glad to hear i am wrong

I have ACTUALLY been on site doing work myself over the past 18 months and have seen quick/consistent progress with every visit. Take it to the bank.

The Wurlitzer gets a pool Name:  pool.jpg
Views: 4052
Size:  83.1 KB
    Yes you have so swim sideways !
    I tried to rotate it and I can't figure it out
    Last edited by Detroitdave; October-19-16 at 10:37 AM.

Does anyone know what that actually is? Outdoor bar?

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Does anyone know what that actually is? Outdoor bar?
    I'm guessing a fountain

I asked the construction guys and they said it was a pool, but I thought that would be a small pool?
    Also if anyone would be so kind as to rotate the picture that might help
    Thanks again

It's a substation for the Qline.

Kids these days......

Name:  pool2.jpg
Views: 3982
Size:  50.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Kids these days......

Name:  pool2.jpg
Views: 3982
Size:  50.7 KB