Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Windsor Does Not Add Fluoride To Their Water.

This has been true for several years now to the best of my understanding.

So long as other good oral health measures are firmly in place there should
    be no increase seen in cavities.

The worst impact would be for those children who cannot see a dentist every year, and don't use fluoridated toothpaste or mouthwash daily, and have a poor diet, due to poverty or any other reason.

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/windsor-votes-to-remove-fluoride-from-drinking-water

Who cares about the poor? Certainly not the anti-this and anti-thaters.

I love the fact that Windsor's City Council signed off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    I love the fact that Windsor's City Council signed off on it.
    Dumpling... help me understand why you think this is good? I've heard tin-foil hat comments that water additives are part of mind control. Is this the problem.

I've heard about this topic both in Canada & the U.S. the past few years, but I have not heard much discussion here in the Toronto area. I believe many more decisions of any kind are made at the municipal level in the U.S. than in Canada and I'm really surprised Canadian municipalities have any jurisdiction about fluoride when any other healthcare decision would be made only at the provincial level. This must not be considered a true "healthcare" issue in the eyes of the Ontario gov't.

The fluoride thing started when Alcoa had masses of it and couldn't burn it, dump it etc,.. because it is so highly toxic.

So they paid some guy to do a study using laboratory-grade silica-fluoride,.. and he showed that it hardened bones.

Two problems with that.

1. Is that your bones harden throughout your life,.. and speeding that process up makes them brittle way before they should be. Going down a stair and breaking a hip at 60 instead of at 90.

2. The fluoride Alcoa was needing to get rid of wasn't laboratory grade silica-fluoride,.. but rather toxic-waste grade sodium-fluoride.

So now instead of having to store it forever at great cost,.. they can sell it for big bux, and get cities across the country to dump it little by little in all of our water. They recommend 4.0 parts per million. The cities with the highest tooth loss also happen to be the ones with the highest fluoridation rates.

In this study you can see that as fluoridation rates [[expressed as a percentage of the ideal), goes up,.. so does tooth LOSS. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...85/table/tbl1/

Of course this isn't absolute proof of anything, as those cities with the highest tooth loss could also the poorest,.. and one could argue that they perhaps see the dentist less frequently than cities with lower rates of tooth loss.

Most cities in affluent / educated areas do far less than the recommended 4.0 ppm.

Sterling heights 1.34 ppm
    Bloomfield....... 1.00 ppm
    Detroit............ 0.69 ppm
    Birmingham..... 0.66 ppm
    Royal Oak....... 0.61 ppm
    Farmington...... 0.61 ppm
    Warren............ 0.59 ppm
    Troy................. 0.59 ppm
    Madison Heights 0.59 ppm
    Auburn Hills...... 0.59 ppm

These days most of the toxic waste grade Sodium Fluoride comes from petroleum based fertilizer production in Florida.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-10-16 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Dumpling... help me understand why you think this is good? I've heard tin-foil hat comments that water additives are part of mind control. Is this the problem.
    In your case I would say yes.

Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    The fluoride thing started when Alcoa had masses of it and couldn't burn it, dump it etc,.. because it is so highly toxic.

So they paid some guy to do a study using laboratory-grade silica-fluoride,.. and he showed that it hardened bones.

...snip...
    It wouldn't be the first time corporate America found a way to sell a waste product. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Its in their best interest to find uses.

But is the ADA that clueless? That's where I find the disconnect.

Plenty of developed countries fluoridate their water, plenty of others don't.

If you actually talk to dentists, they'll say not a big deal either way.

It's why I only drink rain water and grain alcohol.

It wouldn't be the first time corporate America found a way to sell a waste product. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Its in their best interest to find uses.

But is the ADA that clueless? That's where I find the disconnect.
    I'm certain they are totally aware. It's big bucks though.

I imagine it's like with Mercury Amalgam tooth filings. Sure we all know they're highly toxic, cause headaches, they expand and contract with the hot and cold food you eat and cause pain,.. and let sugars in behind them rotting your teeth.. but if they admitted to it,.. THEY would be the ones liable. And being as any judge would use them as the final expert in a court,.. all they have to do is never admit it's bad,.. and they can't be touched.

At the same time,.. if a thermometer breaks in a high-school,. the place is shut down and the Haz Mat team is brought in to clean it up,.. because heaven forbid your kid gets some of it on the bottom of their shoe.

Remember where these agencies get their funding. The AMA for instance gets ALL of their funding FROM the drug companies themselves,... not some general fund like you'd imagine. So you continue to see highly dangerous drugs on the market that kill thousands,.. only to get banned AFTER their patent runs out.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; April-11-16 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    I'm certain they are totally aware. It's big bucks though.

Remember where these agencies get their funding. The AMA for instance gets ALL of their funding FROM the drug companies themselves,... not some general fund like you'd imagine. So you continue to see highly dangerous drugs on the market that kill thousands,.. only to get banned AFTER their patent runs out.
    Sounds so bad. So why is life expectancy rising?

I snipped this study out of Bigdd's post:

" In this study you can see that as fluoridation rates [[expressed as a percentage of the ideal), goes up,.. so does tooth LOSS. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...85/table/tbl1/ "

It's a little hard to decipher. A key point I'd like to make from what I can understand
    of this data, is that fluoridation in water has the greatest impact when it is present for
    those aged 0 to 10. And this study does show this! The people that lost the most teeth
    has the least fluoridation when they were aged 0 to 10, even though as they grew older,
    a higher percent of their water systems were fluoridated.
    Last edited by Dumpling; April-11-16 at 04:45 PM. Reason: clarity

As I read this study, those poor souls, about one and a half percent of the total number of persons studied, who had lost 28 teeth total [[the max listed) during the time of the study,
    were born into a world in which only sixteen percent of their community water supplies were fluoridated, the least among all of the tooth loss categories.

Sounds so bad. So why is life expectancy rising?

So much of what we eat is filled with preservatives, it's no wonder we live longer. Sugar and Salt are great preservatives.

Would you care for a little formaldehyde?

I think it's great when City Councils consider issues like fluoridation and come to some
    conclusion about what would be best for their community. Various sides of the issues
    are brought up and thoughtfully considered before a decision is made. Feelings matter
    just as much as expert advice.

If people seriously feel that fluoride is a hazardous waste being dumped into the tap
    water for the benefit of corporations needing to dispose of the waste, they may feel
    that their health is being compromised every time they drink a glass of tap water.

Some children swallow enough toothpaste when they are little to cause white spots
    on their teeth. If this was you, would you want to ingest more fluoride once you are
    at an age where it shouldn't have much positive effect?

Whatever the merits of some decision a City Council arrives at, the affected people
    have had their feelings heard.

"Out of a population of about three-quarters of a billion, under 14 million people [[approximately a mere 2%) in Europe receive artificially-fluoridated water. Those people are in the UK [[5,797,000), Republic of Ireland [[3,250,000), Spain [[4,250,000), and Serbia [[300,000).
    Many European countries have rejected water fluoridation in general. This includes: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Scotland, Iceland, and Italy. A 2003 survey of over 500 Europeans from 16 countries concluded that "the vast majority of people opposed water fluoridation". -wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids.

Clearly, Wes has experienced a loss of essence.

Wesley -- for Christs sake, the Red Coats are coming!!

Well, now Windsor is adding fluoride to the water, with the blessing
    of the Windsor City Council.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...ride-1.4947723

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Well, now Windsor is adding fluoride to the water, with the blessing
    of the Windsor City Council.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...ride-1.4947723
    The scientific studies that I've seen only show benefits to fluoridation, with no harms.

Seems like a win for Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    The scientific studies that I've seen only show benefits to fluoridation, with no harms.

Seems like a win for Windsor.
    Definitely a win for Windsor.

Only 3% of Europeans drink fluoridated water. Tooth decay is rapidly decreasing among populations who do and don't drink fluoridated water. Many communities also add chlorine to their water supply.

Europeans seem healthy. Given so large a population isn't getting sick or having more cavities from drinking non-fluoridated water, why are we feeding fluoride and chlorine to our children?

I drink a lot of fluoridated, chlorinated tap water but lately, I've realized that grocery stores have water fonts where non-fluoridated non-chlorinated water can be purchased for $.39/gal. in refillable containers. If you don't want to feed those chemicals to your children, or yourself, that's all it costs. It's better for houseplants too. I use the store water for coffee, soups and anything that absorbs water like rice or oatmeal.

I noticed a lot of Asian women buying grocery store water. The reason, is that they have Zojirushi type water boilers for their tea water. The store water doesn't lime them up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast