Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Body found at Tiger Stadium was U.P. man, 35

Didn't know a better thread to hitch this grisly bit of broadcast news [[does anyone pay attention to the news, anymore?-I don't even want to, but when I'm over here at my mom's maintaining the place, I gotta hear it blasting 24-7 from every room of the house. So, I'm constantly absorbing this stuff.) that transpired at the old stadium lothttp://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...dium/82648282/ . Even back when the story broke, and the guy was still unidentified, the newscasters theorized his body may've been a part of the fatal accident near there [[either flung or crawled away wounded). It sucks that he was from the U.P.

Maybe it was like that kid they found @ the Dequindre Cut, you know, another suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Didn't know a better thread to hitch this grisly bit of broadcast news [[does anyone pay attention to the news, anymore?-I don't even want to, but when I'm over here at my mom's maintaining the place, I gotta hear it blasting 24-7 from every room of the house. So, I'm constantly absorbing this stuff.) that transpired at the old stadium lothttp://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...dium/82648282/ . Even back when the story broke, and the guy was still unidentified, the newscasters theorized his body may've been a part of the fatal accident near there [[either flung or crawled away wounded). It sucks that he was from the U.P.

Very sad. Seems like there's a good chance that this man was an occupant of one of the vehicles. With a head injury he may have been confused and walked away before the police arrived, or perhaps intentionally walked away and later succumbed to his injuries or the cold.

I have a few friends in rural police and fire departments and this is always a concern for them. After an accident many people leave the scene, whether to avoid a DUI ticket or simply to find help. If the wreck is serious enough, there's no way for police to tell if that's the case or if the victim is lying 100ft away and seriously injured.

Wouldn't the other people involved in the accident [[who all survived right?) be able to shed light on whether there were any other passengers? That issue should be easily solvable.

HT, really?

Yeah, I don't blame you if you glazed over the article, HT [[for there are far too many of them to get caught up on), but unless the guy launched a one ton weight up over onto his head, I doubt it was suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Wouldn't the other people involved in the accident [[who all survived right?) be able to shed light on whether there were any other passengers? That issue should be easily solvable.

HT, really?
    Not if the other passenger[[s) won't cooperate with authorities. There was a crash on the westside a couple of days ago that killed an innocent driver. The injured passenger of the vehicle at fault would not cooperate with the police in naming the hit-and-run driver. So no, not easily solvable in that regard.

That must've been one hell of a hit to throw him out of the crosswalk completely past the sidewalk and clear over that high fence. The article leaves a whole lot of questions unanswered though. Who was in the second vehicle? Did the people in that car realize or have any clue at all that they'd hit somebody? If so, why didn't the police look for him? Other than a body with severe head trauma, what other evidence do they have that he was hit in the accident?
    Last edited by EastsideAl; April-07-16 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    That must've been one hell of a hit to throw him out of the crosswalk completely past the sidewalk and clear over that high fence. The article leaves a whole lot of questions unanswered though. Who was in the second vehicle? Did the people in that car realize or have any clue at all that they'd hit somebody? If so, why didn't the police look for him? Other than a body with severe head trauma, what other evidence do they have that he was hit in the accident?
    Just like the Dequindre Cut fable this story too has a foul odor.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    What other evidence are you looking for? There was a traffic accident at the scene. There was a body found at the scene with injuries consistent with being hit by a car in an accident. The people involved in the accident may be reluctant to offer statements about the guy that was hit and killed in the accident, probably due to concerns over legal liability and fault.

If the traffic accident was not the cause of death, than what was? Did somebody kill him with severe blunt force trauma to the head, and then stage a traffic accident to cover it up?