Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Edmund up for sale.

Not sure if the timing is strategic especially since talk of a major development in the surrounding area is all but a go.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1-66544#photo0

No affiliation with the seller or broker

Vastly over priced. And for what? On the inside it looks like a 1990's blitz-build home from 23 Mile and Gratiot. It looks a bastardization of Home Depot and Father and Son Construction Company meets an old shell of a building. There is zero historic detail evident in the photographs.

Also, didn't anybody think to tidy the place up before photographing it? Unmade bed and clothes strewn all over the place in photo # 13, toilet seat up and clutter everywhere in photo # 24, crap all over the counters and dirty dishes in the sink in photo # 30. A little effort goes along way especially when asking $275 per square foot.

Good luck to the seller but I don't see a place like that fetching anywhere close to $3.3M.

My God, the interior is hideous without any redeeming social historical value at all.

Who in their right mind would allow their listing pics to show the rooms looking like pig rooms.
    Pretty bizarre. What a bunch of slobs.

Default AND lid up on the toilet! Ouch, I've done this type of photography- this is BAD

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post

Also, didn't anybody think to tidy the place up before photographing it? Unmade bed and clothes strewn all over the place in photo # 13, toilet seat up and clutter everywhere in photo # 24, crap all over the counters and dirty dishes in the sink in photo # 30. A little effort goes along way especially when asking $275 per square foot.

Good luck to the seller but I don't see a place like that fetching anywhere close to $3.3M.
    Agreed this is BAD, I would have refused to photograph it until it was back in order [[I've done this type of photography, it reflects bad on the photographer as well)! The realtor should have stepped in and got them to get organized first, this looks like someone snuck in and took pictures!

About $360k per condo with two side lots thrown in, in brush park?

Not a horrific deal, but guessing it gets closer to $3mm

That's what I want. To be in an overpriced house, under lock and key, next to a hockey coliseum.

Ugh the interior with carpeted stairs, apartment quality "hardwood" floor......just NO.

It looks like there's a fair amount of possibly developable dirt involved in the deal too. As long as the place isn't in ruins, the craptastic interiors don't really matter at all. This is all about investment. And given the rising heat in the market around there, it is priced to move to outside investors. Like the ad says, "Location! Location!"

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Vastly over priced. And for what? On the inside it looks like a 1990's blitz-build home from 23 Mile and Gratiot. It looks a bastardization of Home Depot and Father and Son Construction Company meets an old shell of a building. There is zero historic detail evident in the photographs.

i must say, I've made some disastrous renovation mistakes in the past myself. To me, EVERY damn room had to have a completely different theme which is a classic error made by most amateur decorators. Throw in the good ol holy trinity of 1. Hardwood floors, 2. Stainless steel appliances and 3. Granite countertops and you have enough to convince yourself you've added home equity. But what irks me the most are those god awful 'rustic' faux bronze fixtures straight out of a Direct Buy catalogue. Typical of the early 2000's go go DIY sweat equity era when everyone and his dog were renovation experts.
    Last edited by SammyS; April-06-16 at 03:24 PM.

I believe someone used the words "vastly overpriced" to describe this listing.

Sale prices are approaching $300 per square foot in that district — translating into $300,000 for a 1,000-foot condo

http://www.freep.com/story/money/rea...rena/83191622/