Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Poutine chain coming to Detroit soon

Poutine lovers rejoice! A poutine chain will soon be expanding into the Midwest, which includes our fair region. Praise your respective divinity! Or be excited if you're not of a faith! LOL As a poutine lover, this is cool news!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...roit/82523394/

Poutine is delicious. It's so good, in fact, that I am genuinely surprised it hasn't come to rival nachos as an American favorite. Thanks, Canada, for Poutine & hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Poutine is delicious. It's so good, in fact, that I am genuinely surprised it hasn't come to rival nachos as an American favorite. Thanks, Canada, for Poutine & hockey.
    Really enjoyed the poutine at Brooklyn Local a couple months ago. Bring on more poutine options

I like to dip my french fries in a bit of Miracle Whip from time to time, but this sounds a bit loaded for fries! Still I'd be willing to try it!!!

DetroitYes should have a DYers meet-and-greet event at one of the grand openings.

^^^ We do seem to veer into the wide, and sometimes wild food arena!! I miss Sumas for her contributions in that area ......

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I like to dip my french fries in a bit of Miracle Whip from time to time, but this sounds a bit loaded for fries! Still I'd be willing to try it!!!
    Mayonnaise, maybe. But Miracle Whip! Ahhh. That's the worst. I would vote to recall Snyder if he used Miracle Whip.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Poutine lovers rejoice! A poutine chain will soon be expanding into the Midwest, which includes our fair region. Praise your respective divinity! Or be excited if you're not of a faith! LOL As a poutine lover, this is cool news!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...roit/82523394/

I just thought I would add a bit of trivia here since Poutine was invented in Quebec.

Poutine has a homonym in common with a famous family name. In French, Vladimir Putin's last name is spelled and pronounced the same as poutine; Poutine. It just happened that way. Poutine is a deformed adaptation of pudding, I think.

Also, the way Putin is spelled in English is pronounced in such a way that its french homonym would be "Putain"; which means whore.

Bad timing for this. Now Trump wants to build a wall on the Canadian border.

Default Poutine . Putain

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Also, the way Putin is spelled in English is pronounced in such a way that its french homonym would be "Putain"; which means whore.
    In w

In which case, they should be opening a branch around John R between 8 Mile and 6 Mile, and locate their regional office in Highland Park.

Default Heil Trump

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Bad timing for this. Now Trump wants to build a wall on the Canadian border.
    I know, he claims a lot, he also states he can eliminate the national debt in 8 years; the debt is $19,000,000,000,000.00, in eight years it is estimated to be $24,000,000,000,000.00. He states America could come up with this chump change by selling Federal assets?

He is a malignant ape who has escaped his leash.

You would think some enterprising Russian-Canadian would open "Vladimir's Poutine".

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You would think some enterprising Russian-Canadian would open "Vladimir's Poutine".
    Definitely.

I think poutine is just the kind of thing that goes down better with a few good shots of vodka, heh, heh!

I prefer the Americanized version Poontang!

i've never had poutine. its on my list to try when it comes around.

I usually get mine at Green Dot Stables in Corktown. They have some pretty yummy versions including one with venison. The owners are transplanted Canadians.