Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Big announcement coming from bedrock?

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2598
Size:  51.7 KB

https://mobile.twitter.com/BedrockDe...39129601142785

Arena name
    Hudsons block
    Apple store
    Cheesecake factory
    Last edited by hybridy; April-03-16 at 09:17 AM.

I'm hoping it's a Hudson's block reveal. As I posted on another thread, I doubt Gilbert's enterprises will seek naming rights for the arena. Besides, that announcement will almost certainly be revealed by the Olympia people, not the buyer of the name. And I hope they incorporate the Hudson name into it somehow.

Perhaps they'll announce The Apple & Cheesecake Arena by Quicken Loans.

Quicken acquires naming rights to another Hudson's block 90 day extension.

Maybe it's a new superhero action thriller being shot in the D.
    Mary Poppins vs Maria: Supernanny vs Supergoverness
    That's right, only one of these musical wonder women will get to raise the kids in the end! Will Detroit lie in ruins after Ms. Poppins uses her Superfragilistic-kick on the future Mrs. Von Trapp? Will Maria make her nemesis a Do-a-Deer in the headlights when she treats Mary's face like it's the Austrian countryside? All heck breaks loose, and nothing's over till the fat lady sings!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Maybe it's a new superhero action thriller being shot in the D.
    Mary Poppins vs Maria: Supernanny vs Supergoverness
    That's right, only one of these musical wonder women will get to raise the kids in the end! Will Detroit lie in ruins after Ms. Poppins uses her Superfragilistic-kick on the future Mrs. Von Trapp? Will Maria make her nemesis a Do-a-Deer in the headlights when she treats Mary's face like it's the Austrian countryside? All heck breaks loose, and nothing's over till the fat lady sings!
    You win the Internet.

It would be nice if it were a reveal for the Hudson's site, but given that they are showing a lift like that on the backside of the Compuware Building opposite of where Shepard Fairy did his large mural, my guess is that they have another artist lined up to paint the building.

Based on the deadline set for purchase of the underground garage on the Hudson's site I they are supposed to announce something by the end of April. It will be nice to see that get underway. I have been a bit surprised at how slowly things have been moving on that given the speed Gilbert does everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    It would be nice if it were a reveal for the Hudson's site, but given that they are showing a lift like that on the backside of the Compuware Building opposite of where Shepard Fairy did his large mural, my guess is that they have another artist lined up to paint the building.
    It is in fact two more artists that will contribute to this space.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    How and Nosm? I know they were supposed to work on the First National Building this past year but it never came to fruition. I was hoping that it was postponed because Gilbert was planning on building something that would cover it.

Based on the deadline set for purchase of the underground garage on the Hudson's site I they are supposed to announce something by the end of April. It will be nice to see that get underway. I have been a bit surprised at how slowly things have been moving on that given the speed Gilbert does everything else.
    I have been a little surprised, too. But I also think the design of that space will be very tenant and purpose specific, so the reveal won't occur until they know pretty exactly what it'll look like. DG has been very specific about it being an iconic location that will get an iconic building. I suspect every i will be dotted and every t crossed- in terms of the visuals- before we get to see what it will actually look like.

Quote Originally Posted by MicrosoftFan View Post
    You win the Internet.
    I must confess I riffed on someone posting somewhere else entirely that Batman vs Mary Poppins would at least have been interesting. The specifics are all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MicrosoftFan View Post
    You win the Internet.
    And if I did win the Internet, I would move HQ to Detroit.

I have been a little surprised, too. But I also think the design of that space will be very tenant and purpose specific, so the reveal won't occur until they know pretty exactly what it'll look like. DG has been very specific about it being an iconic location that will get an iconic building. I suspect every i will be dotted and every t crossed- in terms of the visuals- before we get to see what it will actually look like.
    So I was just catching up with an old friend and she mentioned that her brother, who is an architect, was working at SHoP when the Hudson's building was first announced. She didn't have any details regarding a release or the building itself, but she did say that many of the architects working on the project were frustrated with how the design was coming and that they kept having to rework things.

Take that with a grain of salt, but that seems like it is much more likely to be the cause for the delay and not the purchase of an underground garage. I wouldn't be shocked if this agreement was an excuse to delay the reveal because it sounds a lot better than "were struggling to come up with a design that doesn't suck."

Well that's anticlimactic. I was hoping for a first in Michigan retail reveal, or maybe a large tenant moving downtown. A building mural? Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Well that's anticlimactic. I was hoping for a first in Michigan retail reveal, or maybe a large tenant moving downtown. A building mural? Big deal.
    The idea popped into my mind while reading your post that we should put up a large banner across the way that reads, "NO ONE CARES, DAN"

Seriously, if that's all that it's going to be, who cares?! I can appreciate art as much as the next middle class American, but announcing a mural artist in what's still considered a derelict city with HUGE problems, is not a "Big Reveal".

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    The idea popped into my mind while reading your post that we should put up a large banner across the way that reads, "NO ONE CARES, DAN"

Seriously, if that's all that it's going to be, who cares?! I can appreciate art as much as the next middle class American, but announcing a mural artist in what's still considered a derelict city with HUGE problems, is not a "Big Reveal".
    But what if DG got Michaelangelo or DaVinci or somebody like that? Now THAT would be a real get. Yeah, yeah. I know they're dead. But he does have A LOT of money.

But what if DG got Michaelangelo or DaVinci or somebody like that? Now THAT would be a real get. Yeah, yeah. I know they're dead. But he does have A LOT of money.
    You do makes a good point. After all, he did bring Detroit back from the dead.

Meh, he is just raising his new Quandong Building sign

hopefully there is a major announcement ASAP

How and Nosm? I know they were supposed to work on the First National Building this past year but it never came to fruition. I was hoping that it was postponed because Gilbert was planning on building something that would cover it.

Nailed it. The First National Building never came through because of its historic designation. But yes How and Nosm, which will coincide with their opening at Library Street Collective.

Nailed it. The First National Building never came through because of its historic designation. But yes How and Nosm, which will coincide with their opening at Library Street Collective.
    half right. I was really hoping it had to do with new construction rather than historic designation. Oh well.

This was my guess since How and Nosm announced that they would create their largest mural ever on the First National last year.

Do you think if we get all the DetroitYesers to start chanting, "Hudsons! Hudsons!" that they will make an announcement already?

If the rumor I heard is true, then once the announcement is made about the new building this forum will explode. Time to think outside the box....

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    If the rumor I heard is true, then once the announcement is made about the new building this forum will explode. Time to think outside the box....
    Moreso than the rendering that was leaked?

From another thread... I hope his source is good.

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    If what I heard is true, then the Hudson Site announcement....will provide the height and the skyline will change............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast