Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Old Hamtramck

Default Old Hamtramck

Hello All , I have a interesting and unique question about a the property at 1286 McClellan. Does anyone have a correct year it was built. I was told when the property was built it was a part of Hamtramck.? I didn't realize Hamtramck went that far south. He has maps showing it reach all the way to the river.
    It kind of makes sense.
    I have copies of the map and can upload them later.
    He owns many properties in the area and is looking to sell them. you can PM me concerning what he should do about selling his properties. He has some really beautiful properties , he got in over his head and bought to many.

Thanks

Zillow says the house on that property was built in 1890. Hamtramck township did indeed reach to the river back then as shown on this 1876 map. Detroit annexed the area one year after the house was built.

Last edited by Király; March-29-16 at 06:00 PM.

Yep, Hamtramck Township, not the village.