Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 90s Paintball in the Packard Plant - Did anyone know Rev. Brookes who ran it?

Hi there!

I'm a producer with WDET 101.9 FM [[Detroit's public radio station). I'm working on an episode for the second season of our original podcast called The Beginning of the End- stories about when, how and why things end.

The subject is Rev. Richard Lee Brookes who came to Detroit in 1977 to start a church - Faith for Miracles - which was televised on Channel 62 out of the Jam Handy building. Later he started several businesses and ran "Splatball City," a paintball group that played in the Packard Plant in the 90s.

Name:  Richard-L-Brookes.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  13.0 KB

Did anyone play in this group or know Brookes? I'm looking for someone who can tell me a little bit about what he was like.

Thanks for taking the time!

Quote Originally Posted by sjouppi View Post
    Hi there!

I'm a producer with WDET 101.9 FM [[Detroit's public radio station). I'm working on an episode for the second season of our original podcast called The Beginning of the End- stories about when, how and why things end.

The subject is Rev. Richard Lee Brookes who came to Detroit in 1977 to start a church - Faith for Miracles - which was televised on Channel 62 out of the Jam Handy building. Later he started several businesses and ran "Splatball City," a paintball group that played in the Packard Plant in the 90s.

Name:  Richard-L-Brookes.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  13.0 KB

Did anyone play in this group or know Brookes? I'm looking for someone who can tell me a little bit about what he was like.

Thanks for taking the time!
    Yep, spent many a day at good ole Splatball City. Great place for an Urban paintball course.

Guy who was one of the Refs there was also active in the local music scene. Can't remember his name right now but I remember him getting a Detroit Music Award at the old "Industry" in Pontiac in the early 90s.

You can PM me and I'd be glad to help you out. I don't get around here too often so it may be a bit before I get back with ya.