Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: ROak Rising

Default ROak Rising

$100 million plan for new Royal Oak city hall complex includes retail, offices, new park

Pending city approvals, construction on the new seven-story Royal Oak City Center — which would include 30,000 feet for city government operations and about 130,000 square feet of leasable office space with 20,000-square-foot floorplates

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...mplex-includes

As much as I love the city hall because of retro feel, it is getting very worn. Hopefully they can save the "City of Royal Oak" thing above the entrance and incorporate into the new building.

It would be nice if the library got a face lift too.

Also, it looks like they're trying to do what Birmingham did with their downtown park.

RO City Hall is well past its useful lifespan. I really like this plan, it seems to really get a lot of things right.

Looks like a great plan and I'm glad that RO will finally have a good area to catch some z's in the sun or read a book and relax. It definitely needs some sort of downtown park to complete the small downtown feel that so many other nice cities already have.
    Last edited by TTime; March-23-16 at 07:56 PM.