Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit is...Entergertic?!

Some of you might know that I'm not a fan of the signage at Cobo Hall, but it shines upon us all and I cannot escape it on my daily drives.

I'd love to know who proof-reads these things...if anyone.

Name:  Entergertic.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  76.6 KB

Umm, that's high-end agency level work [[not that they don't make mistakes -- they do) and someone would have/ should have caught that...? Maybe they are trying to make play on the words Enter and getic? No 'gertic' as in geriatric? Forget it-I dunno!

Yeah, I did a fast google search but can't make a sense out of this! In any event it's not a vinyl or painted fixed installation. Just change out the digital image with correction.

Typos/ grammatical errors abound on websites these days. Once the coding and UI/ UX, SEO this and thats executed for use across various platforms [[tablets, phones, browsers etc) there are few brain cells left to run spell check or proof-read!!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-20-16 at 06:15 PM.

Ha,maybe they used auto correct,I think I fergot haw to spdell using sped ceck to much.

I would hardly call a town where people drive their cars two blocks energetic.

Not sure if it is in response to this or not, but the video sequence on the display was running at about 10X the frame rate this afternoon.

Same error, but it flashes by quickly now.

Too funny. When in doubt, don't actually fix the problem. Just make it harder to see, along with the rest of the message!

I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of test to measure how many potential advertising impressions that sign generates.

The number of times people Google that unique word would be a useful indicator toward that end.

Advertising rates could be adjusted accordingly.

Just a guess.

We are the proof readers now.

It's a perfectly cromulent word.