Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Oops. Wind Takes Down Light Pole on Bagley Just Now

We heard a loud crashing sound here at DetroitYES world headquarters in the Michigan Building and looked out the window to see that cast iron light pole had fallen in front of the former Wayne County building. It appears part of it struck the roof of the dark blue. Nobody hurt fortunately.

Name:  lightpole.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  40.3 KB

Wow. So glad nobody was hurt! Errrr, I don't know much about scrapping but I hope that pole isn't scrapable...
    Last edited by michmina; March-17-16 at 03:05 PM.

The bases of so many PLD light poles in Detroit are so thoroughly rusted out I'm just surprised this doesn't happen more often. On the other hand, it's March; it's supposed to be windy. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    The bases of so many PLD light poles in Detroit are so thoroughly rusted out I'm just surprised this doesn't happen more often. On the other hand, it's March; it's supposed to be windy. Just sayin'.
    It looks like it would have come down if someone had just leaned on it. I remember seeing one down on Mich. Ave a couple of yrs. ago. They better do some inspections before someone gets killed.