Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Calling All former St. Berchman, Servite and Colin Powell Academy Students

Hello,

I'm in the process of saving this Catholic Church / High school/ Academy, in the city of Detroit. I want to renovate it and run my company out of it. This is a beautiful building and I won't stand by and let other piece of this city's history be destroyed. I was born and raised here and I will do whatever I can to be successful here and make a difference. I'm tired of the the rich coming here and getting these properties CHEAP. I want the same opportunity. I'm putting together a huge fundraiser for next October.

I will make this happen. If you would like to help me save this building, donate funds, or help me with getting any information or assistance from the owner of these buildings, could you please respond to this post and send me a detailed email with your contact information to mrslynetteblessed@yahoo.com. My daughters both attended the Academy. Help me save these buildings. The church address is 4875 Lakeview and the school Servite/Colin Powell is 4800 Coplin. Both buildings are connected to each other. PLEASE help me make my dream happen!!!! I would love for all former students and church members to be involved!!

Thank you and God bless,
    Mrs. Lynette E. Walton, CEO
    I Organive N-U Survive / H.O.A.R.D.S
    lynetteiorganize.webs.com
    Last edited by mrsorganize; March-13-16 at 03:19 PM.

i went to st. john's thru 5th grade and brothers and sisters also went to st. john's and graduated from servite. drove by there, maybe about 3 or 4 years ago, and recently saw pictures from the inside as well. i hope it's not the case but it looks to be beyond repair. the gym floor, which was the best of the best, is in terrible condition. i hope all turns out for you because it was quite a beautiful school and church.

Hello,

All of this can be repaired, with the right people involved!! I hope you come aboard or know someone that would love to help

God Bless, Lynette

I have a few questions in order to understand what you're trying to do here:

What is your plan, other than soliciting donations on this forum and your gofundme page, to generate sufficient revenue to cover the overhead costs on such a large facility, not to mention the costs of renovation?

Are you operating a business [[for profit) or a charity?

Insofar as you're soliciting donations are you operating a federally registered 501 c3 organization?

What need does a clutter organizing operation have for such a large facility? How do you plan to utilize the space?

In regard to the buildings themselves: Who currently owns them? Are they currently on the market? What price is being asked for them?

https://www.gofundme.com/destroyclutter

Please confirm that this is the correct Go Fund Me page?

Thank you for the good work that you do with hoarders. But it is such
    difficult work, you need to put your care and heart out there without
    getting it returned to you when dealing with hoard matters. I know from
    personal experience with a loved one.

[[I took about half of the website Isidewith's quiz yesterday and checked
    into the Green camp there - I scored two clicks higher than the Bernie
    Sanders camp. Found that Trump matched my views much better than
    any other Republican.)

Notwithstanding, in an earlier career I was a worker bee at a tech
    business startup. One of the many lessons learned from that business
    failure was that minimizing one's business' real estate footprint in
    terms of square footage and rent was a very desirable thing - you
    only want just enough space to work comfortably in, extra rooms
    you never use are millstones around your business neck.

If I were working with you, I would go looking for prospective co-tenants,
    maybe in related estate handling or interior design businesses, who would
    benefit from having just the right amount of space in your buildings.

Hello SyGolden,

First of all, yes that is my gofundme page. It's not complete as of yet. I will be taking care of that shortly. If you read my gofundme page, you already know what it's for. I have family members with businesses and other business owners that would be moving their companies in this location so there is not a problem with this space being occupied. I will not discuss politics on this matter. It has nothing to do with it. I have a dream to help people and I'm going to make it happen in my hometown... Detroit. This city gets a bad rap and I want to change that.

Sorry, I won't discuss any of my plans on a social media website. I will tell you that I need to expand my business from my home because the need is GREAT. My goal is to help individuals with this disorder in more than 1 state. Like I stated earlier , if you're serious about helping me and coming on board to help me stop families and individuals from living in this manner, feel free to send me an email and I'll discuss it further, if I need to. I've been burned once letting everyone know every detail of what my plans are. I WON'T do that again!!!

As far as who the owners are, I'm still trying to find out. I do have a lead and I'm looking into it. There's one more thing, if I can't get these buildings, there are 2 more that I'm interested in. I'll get one, failure is not an option !

Lynette
    Last edited by mrsorganize; March-14-16 at 10:33 AM.

Notes from personal experience: Self-storage businesses have sprung up everywhere.
    Probably a higher percent of their patrons than in the general population have a hoarding
    disorder. In the general population maybe as many as one in fifty persons so at a
    very minimum one in fifty self-storage lockers is rented by a hoarder. Would guess
    better than one in ten lockers, myself. Pure guess. What is needed to some extent
    not known to me are "forgiveness" self-storage lockers. "Managed" self-storage
    lockers.
    [[Hoarders are often very sweet, intelligent, kind, gracious, charming people. Often
    they are appreciative after they are clear of surplus belongings. They are Mama Bear
    fighting for her cubs beforehand, though!)

Hello,

Several of my clients were wasting their life savings paying monthly rental fees, until I worked with them to clean them out and sell some of their belongings and get some of their income back. Just to see the smile on their faces after changing the way they were living.. PRICELESS !!! That's why it means so much to me to expand my company by renovating an abandoned building.

I'm proud to say that those same clients are living better lives and they have stop hoarding and they are enjoying life.... Clutter free. I couldn't be more happy. That's why I continue to do what I do.

Lynette