Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Recos wanted for a party room for birthday party

I already approached Roberts Walk Hotel and their prices for a BD party are outrageous -- in the thousands.

So....I want to hold a BD party, more like a gathering in Detroit for about 25 people. Cater in [[pizza, stuff like that). Would anyone know somewhere mid-city where this can be done? Thanks.

[[Maybe Chuck E Cheese?)

Los Altos [[my favorite Mexican restaurant) in Southwest Detroit on Vernor has a semi-private room. I would not expect that you could bring food in, but their food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

There are a few downtown bars that have rooms for private parties and events. The Anchor Bar, Greenwich Time, and Checker Bar are all good options and not expensive.

Default Need Recos to hold a B'day party

Hi all, The two places I wanted to hold a Birthday party in June are off limits. One, the Grille, on Woodward is closed. The other, Roberts Walk, is too expensive [[$thousands$).
    So I'm thinking Chuck E. Cheese. I know it sounds ludicrous. But I contacted Chuck and they said yes adults can hold parties -- IF THEY BRING CHILDREN. I would have "some" children, mainly teens and pre-teens.

Has anyone ever done that? Hold an adult party at a child's restaurant?

I would have about 20-25 people at the party. I couldn't think of anywhere else, esp. since time is short. If you know another place, PM me. Thanks.

You received several recommendations on the thread which you started 9 days ago. Was it necessary to start another thread on the same subject?

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    You received several recommendations on the thread which you started 9 days ago. Was it necessary to start another thread on the same subject?
    I can't Find the thread. Will look again.

Adult event at Chucky Cheese? Isn't that called a Youtube/ World Star Hiphop high viewership feature?

Where the parents fight at THIER children's events, despite their children. ICK!! No thank you!

Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-16 at 01:54 PM.

Here's the former link: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...birthday-party

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    I can't Find the thread. Will look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    Los Altos [[my favorite Mexican restaurant) in Southwest Detroit on Vernor has a semi-private room. I would not expect that you could bring food in, but their food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.
    Hi Jack, Neilr, Next time you're in that area of town, try La Rosita, on McGraw, between Lonyo and Central.

Sinbad's has a party room on the top floor. I don't know about the price but the room was nice and the view was great. Here's a link:

http://sindbads.com/sohar-room

There are places in Hamtramck too. Polonia, maybe Polish Village. In Midtown, Union Street has the Michigan Room.