Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan's Employment Participation Rate Drops by 3 Mllion!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...less/81539256/

Do these writers just post straight to the web from a donut shop and not proof read their own articles? This stuff drives me nuts. The article states the labor force is down by 3.1 million, which I assume is the national rate, and total employment in the state is down 3 million! Michigan is maybe down 10%, or 300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...less/81539256/

Do these writers just post straight to the web from a donut shop and not proof read their own articles? This stuff drives me nuts. The article states the labor force is down by 3.1 million, which I assume is the national rate, and total employment in the state is down 3 million! Michigan is maybe down 10%, or 300,000.
    I didn't see those figures in the article. Do I need another cup of coffee?

"Michigan’s statewide unemployment rate dropped by two-tenths of a percentage point during January, dropping from 5.1 percent to 4.9 percent, adding 33,000 jobs and drawing 27,000 men and women into the state workforce".
    The whole report is Reporters' gobbledygook. Read it and you'll know nothing definitive by the end.
    In the first para. it says 33,000 jobs = 0.2% of Michigan jobs. If this is correct then 1% of jobs is 165,000 and 100% is 16,500,000 jobs. Total Michigan population is only circa 10,000,000.
    Last edited by coracle; March-10-16 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farwell View Post
    I didn't see those figures in the article. Do I need another cup of coffee?
    It appears the article was edited at 10:15 pm. The numbers 329,000 and 314,000 were originally over 3,000,000 and the article remained that way all day yesterday.