Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2016 Michigan Primary

Who's voting today? I'm at Metro United Methodist on Woodward. I just counted 10 voters. More poll workers than participants here. 😑

I voted. I believe primaries give me a greater voice in the direction of my party and the direction I wish the country is headed.

As John Denver once said," If you don't vote, you don't have a right to bitch", [[about the direction of the country).

Number 65 in our humble precinct. A poll worker said they've had an unusually high turnout this time.

No waiting. Fast and easy.

I voted. Bigger turnout than last time I was there [[fall local races) but not huge.

I was 84th around 9:00 in the morning at my precinct...they said they were busier than expected.

No waiting...cannot wait to see the results. Walked around the neighborhood, and only saw signs for Bernie.

I'm feelin' it.

Voted as a representative of Wyandotte Precinct 10!

Love Denver, but not in complete agreement with his sentiment, especially at the presidential level, beyond the primaries. But local and state level I always vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    As John Denver once said," If you don't vote, you don't have a right to bitch", [[about the direction of the country).

I'm going to make a prediction... I think that Trump will win by a surprisingly wide margin over his Republican rivals. Why? Because he will likely pick up a lot of Reagan Democrats who are still bitter over NAFTA... the flawed treaty signed by Clinton's husband nearly 2 decades ago. And that treaty may haunt Hillary if Trump becomes the nominee among the Republicans. I could see him carrying the state for the same reasons Reagan did...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ...cannot wait to see the results....
    Where's a good place to watch for the results?

I found 2016 Michigan Election Results from a link on the Secretary of State's website. It says it's updated every 10 minutes. Is there a better place?

I voted this evening at 7:00. Walked right in no line or anything. I was ballot #686 so not too many people but more than I thought. Once Trump is president all will be well........ [[yeah right).

Voted by absentee ballot a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Voted by absentee ballot a while back.
    As did I. And my dad, voting in his 18th presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Where's a good place to watch for the results?

I found 2016 Michigan Election Results from a link on the Secretary of State's website. It says it's updated every 10 minutes. Is there a better place?
    There is some activity at this link now.

Bernie's ahead at the moment in all reported districts.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-08-16 at 09:27 PM.

I voted at 10:30 this morning and was ballot #87, no waiting at all.

I was out by 7:05 this morning. Voter #5.

Turn out could be record setting. Precincts all over Flint ran out of Democratic ballots.

Trump winning, but with less than 40%

Bernie and Hillary neck and neck.

Bernie won! His message that regular people should have more money and incredibly wealthy people should have less seems to be resonating and somehow the corporate media is too stupid to figure that out.

I'm not surprised. Sanders and Trump for all their warts and 'over-promising' represent the non-establishment quotient to some extent. And Hillary is just not that 'likeable'.

She does not have the pull Bill had. Except that 'pull-handle' of negative baggage: his, and her own.

And the assumption of the gender vote fell very flat.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-09-16 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm not surprised. Sanders and Trump for all their warts and 'over-promising' represent the non-establishment quotient to some extent. And Hillary is just not that 'likeable'.

She does not have the pull Bill had. Except that 'pull-handle' of negative baggage: his, and her own.

And the assumption of the gender vote fell very flat.
    I have a feeling a vote for Bernie is a vote for Trump. Even though Clinton will win the nomination, every loss to Bernie reinforces her negative image and leaves the door open for more idiotic bandwagon jumping undecided to vote for Trump in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I have a feeling a vote for Bernie is a vote for Trump. Even though Clinton will win the nomination, every loss to Bernie reinforces her negative image and leaves the door open for more idiotic bandwagon jumping undecided to vote for Trump in the general election.
    How do you know Clinton will win? Bernie's win in Michigan shows the mainstream pundits and polls aren't accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    How do you know Clinton will win? Bernie's win in Michigan shows the mainstream pundits and polls aren't accurate.
    Ever hear of Superdelegates? They were created by party elites so there wouldn't be a repeat of the 1972 George McGovern fiasco. Republicans don't have superdelegates. If they did, Trump wouldn't stand a chance.

http://koin.com/2016/03/08/are-super...ction-results/

Quote Originally Posted by Farwell View Post
    Ever hear of Superdelegates?
    They can switch support. There were some that switched from Clinton to Obama in 2008.

Rubio got smoked, he should be the next casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    They can switch support. There were some that switched from Clinton to Obama in 2008.
    True, but with Clinton's BFF Debbie Wasserman Schultz as chair of the Democratic National Committee I don't see that happening. She wasn't chair in 2008 and I think the chance of electing the first African American president carried more weight in the 2008 election than electing a woman especially another Clinton after just living through the Bush dynasty. I think there will be some strong arm twisting in support of Hillary with the emphasis on the historic implications of electing the first woman president. Even George Soros is circulating an on line petition against the superdelegates. I think it would be a big hurdle for Bernie to overcome. But then again, this election cycle shows that anything is possible.
    Last edited by Farwell; March-09-16 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    Bernie won! His message that regular people should have more money and incredibly wealthy people should have less seems to be resonating and somehow the corporate media is too stupid to figure that out.
    Except for the harm to the country, its amusing to see both parties reap what they've sown.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast