Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Niketown rises

Default Niketown rises

The buildout begins
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Detroitdave; March-08-16 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Picture

Got it , it's just easier to edit from my iPad thanks again .
    Last edited by Detroitdave; March-08-16 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Crap ! Can someone help me turn the picture the right way ?
    thanks !
    Save to your computer. Open with windows picture viewer. The rotate buttons are on the bottom of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Save to your computer. Open with windows picture viewer. The rotate buttons are on the bottom of the window.
    Anyone can do it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2854
Size:  176.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Anyone can do it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2854
Size:  176.4 KB
    Thank you detroiteronthewestcoast
    Last edited by Detroitdave; March-08-16 at 09:50 AM.

Wow, that's a lot more frontage than I thought it was going to be! I figured it was going to be half that. That'll be nice to see those storefronts occupied on Woodward finally.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Wow, that's a lot more frontage than I thought it was going to be! I figured it was going to be half that. That'll be nice to see those storefronts occupied on Woodward finally.
    Yeah, hopefully the rest will fill up before or soon after the M1 rail opens so that development can spread to other streets.

YAY! Thank you Dan Gilbert for a proposed Niketown, Detroit. finally a real department store.

It's not a Niketown. Nike doesn't even open Niketowns anymore [[though they have kept the largest Niketowns).

It's a Nike Community Store, which is what they call their retail stores targeting black or Latino urban communities. Other locations are in East LA, Flatbush [[Brooklyn), SE DC, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    It's not a Niketown. Nike doesn't even open Niketowns anymore [[though they have kept the largest Niketowns).

It's a Nike Community Store, which is what they call their retail stores targeting black or Latino urban communities. Other locations are in East LA, Flatbush [[Brooklyn), SE DC, and the like.
    Based on the other community stores, I'm expecting something similar to their outlet store on steroids. Larger selection with some design, but not as high-end as a Niketown.

Okkk I stand corrected ,Maybe I should rename this thread, Nike invests money in downtown Detroit to target urban blacks and Latinos .
    all kidding aside you are correct it's not technically a niketown .
    and yes I do know the difference , I've been to several of there stores internationally.

Nike bringing new jobs to Detroit is the important part. They can call the store Nike whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Nike bringing new jobs to Detroit is the important part. They can call the store Nike whatever.
    Again, you're out of touch. "Nike, Whatever" is their new banner targeting teenaged kids of uber wealthy db's. Their first store opens in April, somewhere in area code 90210.

Jordan sneaker riots in the middle of the CBD coming soon...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...nter/81363666/

Something tells me Sharapova won't be around for the opening of this one. Nike, Porsche and Tag Heuer aren't renewing their vows with the Russian beauty. Maybe she can replace her Tag Heuer with a Shinola Detroit watch, throw the Old Carrera out and slink into a Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Again, you're out of touch. "Nike, Whatever" is their new banner targeting teenaged kids of uber wealthy db's. Their first store opens in April, somewhere in area code 90210.
    Lol 'DB's rising in the 90210'

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Lol 'DB's rising in the 90210'
    Yeah, beware of the swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post

And with it the end of the Comeback.

Default Yeeeeeahhhhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post

No racial undertones with this post right?
    Last edited by Detroit Stylin; March-12-16 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

This store is not intended to target black and latino shoppers. If it were then they would have opened it in one of the malls.

All Community Stores have local hiring initiatives that aim to hire at least 80 percent of store employees – known as store athletes – through local channels and from within a five-mile radius of the store.

http://news.nike.com/news/nostrand-a...rt-of-brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    This store is not intended to target black and latino shoppers. If it were then they would have opened it in one of the malls.
    ...since when was there a large Latino population around Fairlane and Southland?

I don't think this store is targeting any population. They're targeting dollars. They are going to attempt to sell shoes to anyone walking by, and advertise the brand to anyone who sees the store, whether they stop in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I don't think this store is targeting any population. They're targeting dollars. They are going to attempt to sell shoes to anyone walking by, and advertise the brand to anyone who sees the store, whether they stop in or not.
    Yep. Well maybe, but you just blew up somebody's balloon.

This will give you an idea of what a Nike Community store is and why it's different than a regular Nike store: https://vimeo.com/45145445

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    No racial undertones with this post right?
    Yes, there are racial undertones. And???
    Last edited by Zozo; March-14-16 at 11:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast