Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Restaurant in Olga's Space on Woodward

Eater Detroit had this quote ", Bedrock describes the new tenant as "the first-of-its kind to open in the Detroit and Michigan.""

[[Maybe my Chick-fil-A wish will come true....)

From Crain's Detroit, looks to be “upscale Mexican with a bar.”

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article..._medium=social

Annoucement? Just tell us it's not like opening a resturant downtown really that big of a deal anymore.

Combining 3 threads into one answer: Hopefully not a all you can eat sushi buffet.

I wonder if the waiters will all wear sombreros? That would add a touch of real authenticity to Randy Dickow's "upscale Mexican restaurant" ........ with a bar.

Here's to hoping its a Rosa Mexicano. Drool!

fabrica de tarta de queso !!!

Whatever the restaurant is, they need to have good nachos. Of course, if it is an Italian restaurant, that will be difficult. Kudos to the owners and future success.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    fabrica de tarta de queso !!!
    Took me a while...well done!

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    Eater Detroit had this quote ", Bedrock describes the new tenant as "the first-of-its kind to open in the Detroit and Michigan.""

[[Maybe my Chick-fil-A wish will come true....)

The comment "and Michigan" would rule out the Chick-Fil-A, since there is one on Oakland's campus already.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    The comment "and Michigan" would rule out the Chick-Fil-A, since there is one on Oakland's campus already.
    Plus there's one at Metro Airport but other than that the next-closest ones are across the Ohio line and in the Grand Rapids market.

That would also rule out "fabrica de tarta de queso", since there is already one at Twelve Oaks.

what does upscale Mexican mean? hopefully better than that terrible "Taqo" place. Either way, i'll stick to Southwest Detroit for my Mexcian food.

great news. randy's dickows's other ventures [[LTG, Freshii) are clean and consistent

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    what does upscale Mexican mean? hopefully better than that terrible "Taqo" place. Either way, i'll stick to Southwest Detroit for my Mexcian food.

It means we're putting on a pretend show for the Hipsters and hockey crowd.

+5... Real Mexican food made by real Mexicans, what a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    [/COLOR]

^That is such a hipster thing to say hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    [/COLOR]

It means we're putting on a pretend show for the Hipsters and hockey crowd.

There is room for both in Detroit.

They are not real Chick-fil-As. They don't serve a full menu. So, it would be different. In my opinion. I know one or two 'real' Chick-fil-As are in the works in MI, but none in southeastern Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by AarunFast View Post
    ^That is such a hipster thing to say hahaha
    If they want to appeal to the hipsters they will have to describe their food as "craft tacos", "artisnal burritos", "organic nachos" made with "fair trade tortillas" and then charge $17 for a taco or burrito.

^^^^^^ ROTFL! Hah! That was naughty Sy!! Don't forget 'Gluten FREE'!

BTW, I do purchase some Fair Trade type lotions and skin products at Whole Paycheck. Surprisingly so their prices are good and products great.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-09-16 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie View Post
    They are not real Chick-fil-As. They don't serve a full menu. So, it would be different.
    Haha. Okay. The Taco Bell on Hall and Hayes doesn't serve the Quesorito. Guess that makes it not a real Taco Bell either....

On top of being a complete lie, I find the quote rather condescending. They're not bringing anything new to Detroit or Michigan.

I only eat Mexican in SW Detroit where 100s of restaurants serve what Calexico will serve.

And we have our share of Mexican food re-packaged for privileged white people at MEX and Rojo Mexican Bistro. And I've heard TAQO is reopening too, but I've heard nothing but nightmares about that place.

Yes, downtown Detroit needs a good Mexican restaurant [[and Indian and many other diverse ethnic flavors), and Calexico will most likely have above-average food, but it won't be anything we haven't seen before in Detroit and Michigan.

Bedrock- we are not some back-country folk you need to educate and save with these new exotic flavors we've never heard of nor tasted before. Stop it, just stop it.

Mexican food? That's disappointing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast