Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Showed Well Yesterday For The GOP Debate

I do not live in MI, but if I did, I'd spent the day around the Fox / Comerica where the media hung out covering the GOP debate last night.

At least one media host commented on how beautiful the Fox was last night.

From what I saw, the media parked at Comerica [[Comerica was the background for a lot of media interview shots).

Yeah, they're calling it the GOP Showdown in Motown!

Click photos in lower area of the link to see the set up inside the Fox - nice use of double flat screens:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...sich/81275106/

OF COURSE FOR THE MOST PHOTOS, including some good interior shots of the beautiful Fox Theater, protestors etc. Dailymail UK always delivers:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...OP-debate.html

Some protested the downtown Detroit event:
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...atre/81292418/
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-16 at 06:44 AM.

Unbelievable! Sweden keeps looking better and better.....

From the Freep, thought this was a great picture

[Free Press Proprietary content removed by Moderator. Kindly post images for content for which rights have been obtained or create links to the content like as follows]

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/cba4...30316-SG38.jpg

I'm glad that the GOP front-runners were able to tackled pressing policy topics such as the size of Donald Trump's penis. [[no, I'm not joking, this was discussed)

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I'm glad that the GOP front-runners were able to tackled pressing policy topics such as the size of Donald Trump's penis. [[no, I'm not joking, this was discussed)
    Amazing in 1998 and 2016 we, in an era of diversity, we have discussed Dem [[Clinton) and GOP [[Trump) penises...

Our Founding Fathers are probably rolling over in their graves laughing [[or crying)...

Cross posted from the Bernie thread. Fox to host Town Hall event with Sen. Sanders in Detroit:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016...ders/81290854/

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Cross posted from the Bernie thread. Fox to host Town Hall event with Sen. Sanders in Detroit:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016...ders/81290854/
    The obituaries proclaiming the death of Detroit as a nationally relevant city were definitely premature...

Great to see Detroit shine in the national spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    The obituaries proclaiming the death of Detroit as a nationally relevant city were definitely premature...

Great to see Detroit shine in the national spotlight.
    True. The circus doesn't come to every town.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    True. The circus doesn't come to every town.
    It's coming next to Flint, so the circus does get around. Previous debate locales include illustrious global cities like Des Moines, Greenville, North Charleston and don't forget cosmopolitan Goffstown, NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    It's coming next to Flint, so the circus does get around. Previous debate locales include illustrious global cities like Des Moines, Greenville, North Charleston and don't forget cosmopolitan Goffstown, NH.
    And by gum, it put them on the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Some protested the downtown Detroit event:
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...atre/81292418/
    I am surprised that didn't turn into rioting.

Forgive me for making this comment: Talking of the circus, but I don't put the GOP and big tent in the same sentence.

Can one have a big circus without a big tent?

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Amazing in 1998 and 2016 we, in an era of diversity, we have discussed Dem [[Clinton) and GOP [[Trump) penises...

Our Founding Fathers are probably rolling over in their graves laughing [[or crying)...
    There were theories about Washington and Lafayette....

I was glad to see so many wide shots and shots with the interior details in the background. The Fox looked beautiful.

That pic with the Republican seal on HockeyTown --

Pure NEW Michigan / Detroit

I bet someone got some special special in their gift basket -- that's a flag-plant if I ever saw one.

But, I guess ya got it give it up to the Westside - they've finally struck a death knell on Detroit actual. And they finally dance in their wooden shoes with glee to the chants of the wicked Detroit Bitch is dead.

Can't wait for all of the nifty fights we're going to have over keeping the only handful of women clinics open.

And all of the bakers not baking.

Ottawa County Sheriff is already branding tax-payer funded assets with "In God We Trust" -- coming to a squad car near you!!

Laugh it up, fuzzball --- don't think that can't happen, then I've got a Detroit school district I can make you EM of.

Did you think in 2006 of a situation where government suspended Democracy in a major U.S. city, short of armed domestic rebellion or Al-Queada?

Will Gulliver wake up and throw off the binding strings of the little cloggers?
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; March-04-16 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    That pic with the Republican seal on HockeyTown --

Pure NEW Michigan / Detroit

I bet someone got some special special in their gift basket -- that's a flag-plant if I ever saw one.

But, I guess ya got it give it up to the Westside - they've finally struck a death knell on Detroit actual. And they finally dance in their wooden shoes with glee to the chants of the wicked Detroit Bitch is dead.

Can't wait for all of the nifty fights we're going to have over keeping the only handful of women clinics open.

And all of the bakers not baking.

Ottawa County Sheriff is already branding tax-payer funded assets with "In God We Trust" -- coming to a squad car near you!!

Laugh it up, fuzzball --- don't think that can't happen, then I've got a Detroit school district I can make you EM of.

Did you think in 2006 of a situation where government suspended Democracy in a major U.S. city, short of armed domestic rebellion or Al-Queada?

Will Gulliver wake up and throw off the binding strings of the little cloggers?
    I am still surprised that your comments-or still the protests-did not morph into a repeat of July 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by michmina View Post
    I was glad to see so many wide shots and shots with the interior details in the background. The Fox looked beautiful.
    The Fox is truly beautiful. Too bad that to be seen it had to be filled with all that ugly though.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    The Fox is truly beautiful. Too bad that to be seen it had to be filled with all that ugly though.
    Agreed... The GOP is a joke, the Dems nearly as bad. The only sane one in the group is Kasich, and he has a snowball's chance in hell at winning the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Agreed... The GOP is a joke, the Dems nearly as bad. The only sane one in the group is Kasich, and he has a snowball's chance in hell at winning the nomination.
    Yep. The theater looked beautiful, but that was an ugly scene. It was like a twisted cross between Jerry Springer and WWE. Only Kasich is semi-sane, and he's still pretty radical.

And Fox News channel should not be moderating anything of consequence.

I tried as much as I could to ignore the debate itself and just look at the gorgeous Fox. LOL

Yep. The theater looked beautiful, but that was an ugly scene. It was like a twisted cross between Jerry Springer and WWE. Only Kasich is semi-sane, and he's still pretty radical.

And Fox News channel should not be moderating anything of consequence.
    While I often disagree with you, I am in total agreement here. Kasich's agenda really is quite right wing, but by comparison with the other clowns he appears centrist. At least he doesn't have the crazed personality traits of the others.

I thought some of the audience was pretty annoying mugging for the camera.

Detroit didn't exactly come off well in the democratic debate. A picture of abandonment, apparently used by Clinton, was shown by CNN. The crumbling, rat infested schools were mentioned several times but never was the term "comeback city" mentioned.