Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The other political divide in michigan

With all the problems the state faces, Flint Water Crisis, collapse of DPS, Crumbling Highways and Bridges..., it is nice to see our state legislature finally come to grips with one of the burning issues of our times -- should dogs be allowed to dine at restaurants with their masters.

As a member of the cat party I have to object. We have already seen the dog party continually push for public money in the form of dog parks and changes in regulations favorable to dogs. Now this...

Canines may be allowed as dinner guests in outdoor restaurant dining areas if a new bill passes.

Sens. Margaret O’Brien, R-Portage, Tonya Schuitmaker, R-Lawton, and Wayne Schmidt, R-Traverse City, say they are sponsoring the bill to help increase tourism.

Current law allows service animals in food establishments but generally prohibits other animals. The new law would allow pet dogs in outdoor dining areas and give local governments the ability to adopt an ordinance that is more restrictive than the bill.

“Before the bill was introduced, a number of restaurants in northern Michigan asked for the option of allowing dogs in their outdoor dining areas,” Schmidt said. “The bill is permissive. Restaurants can determine what types of dogs they’ll allow or if they want to have this option at all.”
    http://www.record-eagle.com/news/loc...0f073c4b3.html
    We of the cat party are calling BS on this bald-faced attempt to exploit the fear of tourism loss to expand dog power into neutral territories. Where are the cat parks?? Why can't we have a cat day at the birdhouse of the Detroit zoo??

Discuss.

This may make you feel better. Saw this on CBC news this morning. They are trying to stop dogs from barking - in a dog park!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...sign-1.3467552

I think it's great if it goes through. When I lived in Atlanta - I would specifically search out restaurants that let you bring your dog and sit outside at dinner. It was a good way to build community.

To put it in perspective - there were only about 80-100 restaurants in the entire city. See link below. http://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/city/atlanta_ga_us/

It was hardly a "stepping over dogs and cats" to get the server's attention. A neat way we can get more with the times...

Cat owners are a bunch of hippies who shouldn't be allowed to vote, or probably even leave their homes...

Dogs 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    With all the problems the state faces, Flint Water Crisis, collapse of DPS, Crumbling Highways and Bridges..., it is nice to see our state legislature finally come to grips with one of the burning issues of our times -- should dogs be allowed to dine at restaurants with their masters.

As a member of the cat party I have to object. We have already seen the dog party continually push for public money in the form of dog parks and changes in regulations favorable to dogs. Now this...

We of the cat party are calling BS on this bald-faced attempt to exploit the fear of tourism loss to expand dog power into neutral territories. Where are the cat parks?? Why can't we have a cat day at the birdhouse of the Detroit zoo??

Discuss.
    As a devoted member of the Dog Party I think it's time to remind the cat people [[again) that dogs do all the work for the benefit of humans. Law enforcement, guide dogs, rescue, airport security, assisting the handicapped, the list is long indeed. The Cats enjoy their freedom while just sitting looking out the window while flicking their tail while dogs do the heavy lifting for all petkind. All dogs deserve every bit of the rewards for the hard work that has been accomplished by dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    The Cats enjoy their freedom while just sitting looking out the window while flicking their tail while dogs do the heavy lifting for all petkind.
    As a moderate with one foot in each party, I will say on behalf of the cat party that the outdoor cats do their share in keeping your neighborhood free of critters like mice, rats, chipmunks, et al. Indoor cats, while not as active, will go after that random horsefly, bee, or wasp that gets into your house in the summer.

I must say, Jackie, you have a point with outdoor cats. They are badass. But that is not enough to make me vote cat.

I'm allergic. Keep them all away from me.

We really only require one cat for violin to be strung.

Control of the number of dogs and cats can be effected by proliferation of Chinese takeout restaurants.

Name:  wickedwokcatchin.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  44.6 KBName:  hoami.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  53.6 KBName:  chinese-food-dog-chiense-food-demotivational-poster-1217012330.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  114.0 KB

Meh,they have this in Ybor city Fl,you can bring your pet inside of the bar or restaurant but it is kinda like wanting to run necked down main street,seems like a good idea at the time but nobody really does it,and it certainly cannot be considered a tourist draw.

I have a 3 legged pit mix and everybody comments on how cute she is,then they want to go up and pet her,that's her trick,looks all excited with her tail wagging and she will let others pet her until they try to pull their hand away,she does not bode well in a social environment.

She gets the big unwelcome critters,the cats get the little unwelcome critters and the chicken hawks get the cats when they start to overpopulate,it is like the whole mother nature cycle of life in a little urban spot.

What Hermod? You couldn't make mention of the one famous Garden City spot?

Politically speaking, I would like to hear posts from any of the stronger DY Trump supporters on their views about dogs.

baitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitba itbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbaitbait