Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Marvin Stanton "Castle"

I notice that this Louis Kamper designed mansion on Parkview in the Barry Subdivision is being renovated after many years of neglect. Does anyone have any information about this project?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    I notice that this Louis Kamper designed mansion on Parkview in the Barry Subdivision is being renovated after many years of neglect. Does anyone have any information about this project?
    No new project info, i wasn't aware of it. But for those not familiar with the house, there's this...taken in better times along with a pretty nice looking "Z" in the driveway.

http://detroit1701.org/The%20Castle.html

John Thompson [[the John in Honest? John's) lived there about 8 years ago. I'm not sure if he owned it. I had a friend down the street. One Independence Day weekend I stopped by my friends house and he dragged me down the street where John was having a big party in the back. Reluctantly, I never made it inside the house.

Default Info/Photos of Stanton/Castle house interior

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    John Thompson [[the John in Honest? John's) lived there about 8 years ago. I'm not sure if he owned it. I had a friend down the street. One Independence Day weekend I stopped by my friends house and he dragged me down the street where John was having a big party in the back. Reluctantly, I never made it inside the house.
    I have met the current owner who is working on renovating it. She hopes to restore it to as much of the original as possible. Unfortunately one of the many fireplace mantles is missing. Anyone have interior photos to assist her??

Please help!

Drove by the place yesterday and it appears that restoration in continuing, but at a very slow pace. The carriage house is equally impressive. It is unclear if they have access to the canal.
    Name:  castle.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  157.2 KB

Those last two pictures, are a far cry from the first one. Should be gorgeous when completed.