Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit's comeback has an Arabic Accent.

Good article on the recovery of the auto industry and it's hiring of immigrants and minorities.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-arabic-accent

Hey if you can't drop clean urine for the drug test these jobs are often unavailable. So good story that the man [[and for his family) is able to secure gainful employment, if he has the ability and work ethic.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-19-16 at 09:33 PM.

Not surprising in some ways. I alway considered immigrants a cut above just on the basis that they are sharp enough and adventurous enough to figure out get here. Frequently, as the case of the guy in the picture who holds a computer science degree, they are educated and over-qualified for the work they have to take, possibly due to language barrier.

Don't tell Donald Trump and his pals about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Not surprising in some ways. I alway considered immigrants a cut above just on the basis that they are sharp enough and adventurous enough to figure out get here. Frequently, as the case of the guy in the picture who holds a computer science degree, they are educated and over-qualified for the work they have to take, possibly due to language barrier.
    Immigrants are afraid of being deported, that's why they're upstanding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Immigrants are afraid of being deported, that's why they're upstanding citizens.
    Yes, but I always thought upstanding meant that they have a fine deportment.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, but I always thought upstanding meant that they have a fine deportment.
    Nice...

I see what you did there.