Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: COBO Hall Plaza

Default COBO Hall Plaza

Hadn't heard much on this until now. Nice that they are going to be holding events and things outdoors there. More greenspace is always a positive obviously.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...ions/80298164/

Looks nice but is that artificial turf?

That used to be my shortcut driving to get to the riverfront.

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    That used to be my shortcut driving to get to the riverfront.

I'm going to miss the convenient little cut through that that underpass used to provide. Although the opening up of Bates through the old Ford Auditorium site does provide riverfront access from eastbound Jefferson, for those of us coming from the east on westbound Jefferson, there's now no easy way to get there once you're passing Ren Cen.

Here's what it looks like from the PM. It would be nice, and maybe it's in plans, if a continuous green space connected Cobo and Hart.

It's already done??? I guess I'm a little confused, as the article made it seem like they hadn't really started working on it yet or was just beginning? Was the article more so referring to programming the space for events????

Is that turf or grass? I bet the Navin Grounds Crew are pretty upset!

Quote Originally Posted by AarunFast View Post
    Is that turf or grass? I bet the Navin Grounds Crew are pretty upset!
    Boycott COBO! They didn't use real grass! Misuse of funding!

Could someone change the name of this thread, please? Every time I see it, I think it says "COBO Hall Pizza".