Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Man Sucker Punched

They knew the man for years, yet they hurt him...and for what. Sickening.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...out-the-attack

terrible! punks for sure. nothing better to do than prey on someone that obviously, wouldn't be able to defend himself.

They will be arrested and appropriately charged. Justice will be sought.

Flawed impetus to introduce this disturbing story.

If you live in a society that subtly imposes a long withstanding genocidal manner of subjugating certain folks, they will eventually turn on themselves [[like Jews in a Polish ghetto stealing bread from each other); then you just turn the camera on them to show how "animalistic" they are to the public. In fact, ABC 11 o'clock news [[as is given the slanted nature of most corporate-run media outlets) ran a slew of stories in a row that basically boiled down to "blacks committing crimes" or "blacks committing crimes in the suburbs" [[with only one interesting piece about how police are not required to immediately report a violent incident by their hands-plenty of time to get their "story straight"-as if that was only allowed to be reported if the other unsavory reports were allowed to counterpoint). Doubt me on what I say in regards to "genocide"? I will provide much evidence and reading material that indicates that this is the case in this country, not that I should waste my time trying to educate folks with garish troll behavior.

However, in this case, this story is as disgusting as cops murdering homeless guys and deporting them around the time we had the Superbowl or the man breaking into Rosa Parks place and assaulting her. Cases of Knock-out games elsewhere or the co-ordinated "swarm beatings" on Rochester, NY's Main St. It is usually poor or enfeebled folks who get targeted. They knew this guy was broke. It wasn't about money. It was about terror.

I would like to believe that these guys will get caught and prosecuted, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they acted like guys who have a lot of connections and the sanctioned right of carte blanche [[if not direct orders) to go around and do these things and therefor, will probably not get caught [[much like the Arabic father attacked in front of his daughter at a Krogers on Greenfield by downriver guys with full witnesses, and how the story changed by management and police to act like it was "made up" or that he "deserved it".

I'm glad it was caught on camera, but it makes me question when other incidents that recently occurred-like when a McDonald's worker here splashed water in a homeless guy's face or when a guy in New York gave his coat to a homeless man-who anticipated this enough to film these and why?

I wish I was in there when they did that, they'd be pretty sorry when they woke up.

One of the things I hate about Detroit is about how much airtime is devoted to this kind of news. Presses people's buttons. Makes people angry and scared. Been this way since I was a kid, probably longer.

Of course there is absolutely no excuse for this crime. And yeah I want them caught and punished. But what makes this newsworthy? What more important events unfolding in the world were omitted from the broadcast to make time for this? No, not the sports. Not the weather.

I was not just sucker punched, I was sucker hit over the head by three guys with a 2x4. A likely hate crime. And it didn't make the news in Philadelphia. Not even close. I credit Philadelphia news for not caring. Of course it was not caught cinematically on camera. They may have been no better if it were.

The police should apprehend those individual villains. The rest of us should not be so easily distracted. We should focus on correcting the fundamental problems at large. Consider telling WXYZ if you think so.
    Last edited by bust; February-14-16 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    One of the things I hate about Detroit is about how much airtime is devoted to this kind of news. Presses people's buttons. Makes people angry and scared. Been this way since I was a kid, probably longer...
    Local news usually believes 'if it bleeds, it leads'. But this type of reporting in Detroit also seems to play well to the suburban viewers; in a way, a justification of the decision to move out of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    ....But this type of reporting in Detroit also seems to play well to the suburban viewers; in a way, a justification of the decision to move out of the city.
    Is that all that you took away from this story? Do you realize that not everyone in the suburbs moved out of Detroit. Many suburban folks have never lived in Detroit. My family has been in southeast Michigan for well over over 100 years and neither I, my parents, grandparents or great-grandparents ever lived in that city.

What this story is really about is some vile, filthy, disgusting, sub-human savage beasts that have no respect for others. I hope those schmendricks are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Detroit, where the wild things are.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Is that all that you took away from this story? Do you realize that not everyone in the suburbs moved out of Detroit. Many suburban folks have never lived in Detroit. My family has been in southeast Michigan for well over over 100 years and neither I, my parents, grandparents or great-grandparents ever lived in that city.

What this story is really about is some vile, filthy, disgusting, sub-human savage beasts that have no respect for others. I hope those schmendricks are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I think archfan and bust definitely have their finger on a big part of the problem which you choose to disregard. The media attention on that and little else.

I am appalled by the International news coverage in the Freep among others for one thing. The local news are not of a very high standard either. The perfect recipe for a ghetto outcome is to parse the information to a level where people are described as "wild animals" in need of cages. A great big prison system ensues and all is set straight, eh? Love, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of haplessness...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I think archfan and bust definitely have their finger on a big part of the problem which you choose to disregard. The media attention on that and little else.

I am appalled by the International news coverage in the Freep among others for one thing. The local news are not of a very high standard either. The perfect recipe for a ghetto outcome is to parse the information to a level where people are described as "wild animals" in need of cages. A great big prison system ensues and all is set straight, eh? Love, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of haplessness...
    The problem is not the news coverage. The problem is the lowlife scumbags who perpetrate these crimes. Just because you choose to disregard the seriousness of the issue does not mean that everyone else should live with their heads in the ground.

And yes, as long as reprobates like this commit crimes and assault innocent vulnerable senior citizens [[and others) there will be a need for prisons. Would you rather that those scumbags be allowed to roam the streets freely? How would you feel if you were their next victim? Or one of your loved ones?
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; February-14-16 at 09:57 AM.

The problem is not the news coverage. The problem is the lowlife scumbags who perpetrate these crimes. Just because you choose to disregard the seriousness of the issue does not mean that everyone else should live with their heads in the ground.

And yes, as long as reprobates like this commit crimes and assault innocent vulnerable senior citizens [[and others) there will be a need for prisons. Would you rather that those scumbags be allowed to roam the streets freely? How would you feel if you were their next victim? Or one of your loved ones?

Well prisons have alot to do with how lil' scumbags become big scumbags in the first place. If punishment is so strong in the United States, why is the outcome not better? How do you break the cycle of violence?

Do you think promoting violence and ghetto cichés of manhood and womanhood do not matter?

All the paraphernalia of ghetto life, the accessories, the movie glamor, the music, the TV News attention, the constant focus on narrow, local, closed society gains ground, and the bigger picture is out of range. How can I guy like Trump happen on the Presidential stage with the kind of deliberate, narrow and shallow gauge comments meant to divide? How can a guy promoting the construction of walls between the US and Canada and the US and Mexico not be helped by the kind of silliness that is pushed by media about Mexicans and African Americans, and foreign threats to your security?

You are a victim of fear, SyGolden. A perfect subject.

No, you're wrong, I am not a victim of fear or anything else. I refuse to buy into the victim mentality that the left in this country tirelessly promotes.

Reporting violent crimes on the news is not promoting ghetto cliches. It is showing people what goes on in the real world.

And as far as "how lil' scumbags become big scumbags in the first place", this has nothing to do with prison. It has everything to do with bad upbringing by bad parents.

We need stronger punishment for serious crimes. We need people to know that they will be held accountable for their actions and that punishment will be certain and severe.

I think archfan and bust definitely have their finger on a big part of the problem which you choose to disregard.
    The media attention on that and little else
    Archfan and bust may definitely have their fingers somewhere, but not on the "big part of the problem". The big part of the problem is these Detroit issues are being swept under the rug and NOT being addressed. Anyone I run into from the 'burbs, think Detroiters are all running around in Wings jerseys, creaming over Ilitch's tax payer subsidized coliseum. A man can't hobble down to the corner store without getting face-punched and robbed by three punks, and it's the media's fault? WTF? Try the food section, I'm sure there's another overpriced trendy restaurant opening again this week, somewhere. It's coming back, you know!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-14-16 at 10:51 AM.

No, you're wrong, I am not a victim of fear or anything else. I refuse to buy into the victim mentality that the left in this country tirelessly promotes.

Reporting violent crimes on the news is not promoting ghetto cliches. It is showing people what goes on in the real world.

And as far as "how lil' scumbags become big scumbags in the first place", this has nothing to do with prison. It has everything to do with bad upbringing by bad parents.

We need stronger punishment for serious crimes. We need people to know that they will be held accountable for their actions and that punishment will be certain and severe.

Yes, but it shouldn't matter to you because you turned your back on Detroit as you have stated in the past. It doesn't really matter since your community members share other values and objectives. I'm saying that the promotion of violence and the disruptive tendencies have a lot to do with how the media has framed them, not wholly, but certainly a big part of the problem is in that pudding. Nothing I say will change your mind about this, and I am on the other side of the border looking at this with my experiences and delusions maybe.

But:

-How else do you explain the constant barrage of freedom equals more guns?

-Have the fear mongering tactics turned the US into a place where over a thousand people are killed by the police in 2015 or not?

-Do you really think a wall built between the US and Mexico or Big Bad Canuckistan will help reduce insecurity?

-Do you think a wall between the suburbs and Detroit proper ever did anything but prolong the insult and hardship.

Meanwhile, the ball keeps rolling and people get hurt and turned into statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Archfan and bust may definitely have their fingers somewhere, but not on the "big part of the problem". The big part of the problem is these Detroit issues are being swept under the rug and NOT being addressed. Anyone I run into from the 'burbs, think Detroiters are all running around in Wings jerseys, creaming over Ilitch's tax payer subsidized coliseum. A man can't hobble down to the corner store without getting face-punched and robbed by three punks, and it's the media's fault? WTF? Try the food section, I'm sure there's another overpriced trendy restaurant opening again this week, somewhere. It's coming back, you know!

I know that the reality is in there somewhere between the lines of a newspaper and the hard edge of a knuckle or a shiv, but don't you think that the situation is a result of promoting division? I do.
    I can't see how the ghettoization of Brazilian cities or South African townships , the poverty that exists in the more violent areas of the modern world are not somewhat promoted.

How do you explain the total disregard for Flint's problems with potable water? Do you think that such a thing is likely to happen in Royal Rochester Woods?

.....It doesn't really matter since your community members share other values and objectives. ......

But:

-How else do you explain the constant barrage of freedom equals more guns?

-Have the fear mongering tactics turned the US into a place where over a thousand people are killed by the police in 2015 or not?

-Do you really think a wall built between the US and Mexico or Big Bad Canuckistan will help reduce insecurity?

-Do you think a wall between the suburbs and Detroit proper ever did anything but prolong the insult and hardship.

Meanwhile, the ball keeps rolling and people get hurt and turned into statistics.
    When you state that my "community members share other values and objectives" do you mean respect for others, obeying the law, not attacking vulnerable senior citizens, hard work, conducting ones self in a moral and ethical fashion, raising our children to be productive and respectful members of society? Those are but a few of that values that "my community" embraces. Are you saying that people in Detroit don't value those things as well?

As for the rest of your rant I am not going to respond to silly left wing talking points. I prefer to look at the world through the lens of reality rather than emotion and hyper sensitive feelings.

When you state that my "community members share other values and objectives" do you mean respect for others, obeying the law, not attacking vulnerable senior citizens, hard work, conducting ones self in a moral and ethical fashion, raising our children to be productive and respectful members of society? Those are but a few of that values that "my community" embraces. Are you saying that people in Detroit don't value those things as well?

As for the rest of your rant I am not going to respond to silly left wing talking points. I prefer to look at the world through the lens of reality rather than emotion and hyper sensitive feelings.

I totally agree with your objectives and pursuits for the betterment of the neighborhood. I have some issues in my part of town also. I just have to state that "reality" is another reason not to be desensitized to what has happened to Detroit. It is easier to call people who have been ignored "animals" than to help promote a better picture of humanity.

I also think that there is an equal share of responsibility in the ghetto communities. The promotion of negativity comes from within as much as from hostility from without. The parents are first and foremost to call in to account as you say, no doubt about that.

But the Liberal Talking Points of which you speak have nothing to do with the fact that certain communities were set apart, and the cultural cloistering is the more damaging factor in all of this.

But the Liberal Talking Points of which you speak have nothing to do with the fact that certain communities were set apart, and the cultural cloistering is the more damaging factor in all of this.
    I don't buy into this for a minute.

As President Reagan said: "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

There are many fine people who came from those "set apart" communities, as you call them, who are decent, productive, hard-working and law-abiding people.

I don't buy into this for a minute.

As President Reagan said: "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

There are many fine people who came from those "set apart" communities, as you call them, who are decent, productive, hard-working and law-abiding people.

Yes well, with all due respect to Ronald Reagan, he never saw past his colorful Jelly bean jar. What he thought was an American precept was an age old human term of judgement. Nothing American or even Canadian about that. What if Adolf hadn't had such a hard time ridding Europe of its Jewish population? What if the easy preyed upon ghettoes and shtetls of Eastern Europe had been decimated completely? Would you have the same opinion of "set apart" communities, then?

For example, the problem with the Nazi hatred of Jews was that it was based on jealousy and envy of a small section of well heeled Jews who had risen to levels that most could only dream of [[in fact oftentimes becoming prime movers of German or Polish or Russian or Hungarian culture in science and the Arts). The vast majority of Jews in Eastern Europe were struggling in set apart communities, and their dream was to secure more rather than less happy circumstances. So they chose Canada, the US and other places to get a better chance at life. Some of them, many of them in fact had a pretty hard time fighting the right wing types that denied them advancement. The other communities had similar problems but the Jews had it worse than most and usually were at the forefront of the fight for better opportunities for All as Union organizers, and Civil Rights advocates...

On the other hand, black Americans had it worse than the Jews and had a long protracted delay in advancement opportunities tacked onto a history of reprobation from the white culture that had enslaved them and dispensed liberties on them one drop at a time. Those that made it deserve a medal for putting up with all the shit. Also, a better way of looking at things in general when it comes to ghettoization is that it is unacceptable. That is why the laws enacted in the sixties and seventies to push bussing and school integration were so important. The rest is really all a matter of judgement, not political slant.

You just have to look at some biographies of famous African Americans to note a certain sad reality in the past that made them. Read up on Richard Pryor, Scott Joplin, Louis Armstrong and Billie Holiday. Opportunities were scarce and only wits and talent could lead to power.
    Last edited by canuck; February-14-16 at 04:08 PM.

Yes well, with all due respect to Ronald Reagan, he never saw past his colorful Jelly bean jar. What he thought was an American precept was an age old human term of judgement. Nothing American or even Canadian about that. What if Adolf hadn't had such a hard time ridding Europe of its Jewish population? What if the easy preyed upon ghettoes and shtetls of Eastern Europe had been decimated completely? Would you have the same opinion of "set apart" communities, then?

For example, the problem with the Nazi hatred of Jews was that it was based on jealousy and envy of a small section of well heeled Jews who had risen to levels that most could only dream of [[in fact oftentimes becoming prime movers of German or Polish or Russian or Hungarian culture in science and the Arts). The vast majority of Jews in Eastern Europe were struggling in set apart communities, and their dream was to secure more rather than less happy circumstances. So they chose Canada, the US and other places to get a better chance at life. Some of them, many of them in fact had a pretty hard time fighting the right wing types that denied them advancement. The other communities had similar problems but the Jews had it worse than most and usually were at the forefront of the fight for better opportunities for All as Union organizers, and Civil Rights advocates...

On the other hand, black Americans had it worse than the Jews and had a long protracted delay in advancement opportunities tacked onto a history of reprobation from the white culture that had enslaved them and dispensed liberties on them one drop at a time. Those that made it deserve a medal for putting up with all the shit. Also, a better way of looking at things in general when it comes to ghettoization is that it is unacceptable. That is why the laws enacted in the sixties and seventies to push bussing and school integration were so important. The rest is really all a matter of judgement, not political slant.

You just have to look at some biographies of famous African Americans to note a certain sad reality in the past that made them. Read up on Richard Pryor, Scott Joplin, Louis Armstrong and Billie Holiday. Opportunities were scarce and only wits and talent could lead to power.
    None of that has anything to do with the fact that those three scumbags attacked and robbed a defenseless senior citizen.

There are plenty of people of all colors who grew up and live in the "ghetto" who do not attack people like such rabid dogs. You can continue to make excuses for them all you want but I stand by the fact that the criminal, and only the criminal, is responsible for his own actions.

I hope you are never set upon as that elderly man was by a vicious criminal. But if you ever are it will be interesting to see whether you still hold the beliefs that you currently do.

A criminal attempted to rob me two years ago but was unsuccessful. Let's just say that he quickly realized that his day was not going to end well for him if he decided to go through with his plan.

Whatever his shortcomings, I guess that Ronald Reagan said it best when he uttered his famous "Make my day".

If that elderly man wasn't a vagrant of sorts I doubt that guy would have punched him. If it was somebody who might of put up a fight I don't think it would have happened. Totally sickening incident, it left me speechless.

Three mindless predators pick on someone who is old, infirm, and vulnerable. The only reason they did it was because they outnumbered the gentleman. Isn't that the way animals in the wild kill their prey? This man knew the three for years, these thugs probably grew up in his neighborhood, he may have smiled at them at one time riding their bikes on the street, he may have bought them ice cream when they were kids....they didn't care. Then, they swagger out of the store nonchalantly like nothing was wrong. They are a brain dead, disgusting pack of inhuman criminals who need to be caged for a long time.
    Last edited by cla1945; February-15-16 at 12:22 AM.

Well then I wasn't talking to you. And 150 years for my family. And a large number of suburban viewers have roots in Detroit.

Of course that's what this story is about. That was a heinous act, and I hope they're caught and prosecuted. The comment was a general one about the types of stories the local news broadcasts, not this story in particular.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast