Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Oakwood realigned

Decided to head up there today and decided to head out on Oakwood. What surprised me was how I ended up on a completely new alignment that took me over to Dix and Mellon and that the Oakwood alignment I was familiar with now named "Old Oakwood". Is this new?

I have already updated OSM to reflect this. https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=1...8832/-83.15377

Fascinating. I can find nothing on the interweb about this.

Oakwood is being changed because of the Marathon expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Oakwood is being changed because of the Marathon expansion.
    Very interesting! Last time I tried to have a street eliminated from the road network my request was declined. Maybe Marathon said "please"?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Very interesting! Last time I tried to have a street eliminated from the road network my request was declined. Maybe Marathon said "please"?
    Maybe you should have promised a boatload of jobs, too. Of course, you never would have to make good on your promise.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Maybe you should have promised a boatload of jobs, too. Of course, you never would have to make good on your promise.
    You don't think moving a street and refinery construction isn't a lot of jobs? You don't think that investment IN THE CITY OF DETROIT isn't going to end up hiring hundreds if not thousands of people in our fair metropolis?

Cities are built by actual work. They live by actual work. Government set-aside are usually mistakes, and these days just cover. Community Benefit Agreements are a waste of time and simply political payoffs required by local politicians. They get the agreement. Tell voters. Get re-elected. The jobs are the real benefit. Tax the workers, property, and shareholders income -- and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You don't think moving a street and refinery construction isn't a lot of jobs? You don't think that investment IN THE CITY OF DETROIT isn't going to end up hiring hundreds if not thousands of people in our fair metropolis?
    No, no I don't.